열다섯

it's that time ladies and gents
--
"Why have you stuck around me for so long?"

Jimin and Jungkook lay tangled together on the older's couch, eyes barely focused on the television show that played out in front of them. Jimin wore Jungkook's sweater, the piece of clothing being too big for him in the most perfect way possible.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the question, shifting his gaze so that he could look at Jimin's expression better. The brunette's own gaze was downcast, eyes fixated on the patterns of the blanket that was draped over them. "I just... I thought that you were more of just in a fuckbuddy mindset for me, I guess." He sighed, still refusing to look Jungkook in the eye. "But you've stuck around for so long... and sometimes you say and do things to me that are just a bit too intimate, get it?"

"What do you mean by 'too intimate'?" Jungkook asked, hand rubbing up and down Jimin's bicep. He couldn't quite seem to pick up on the fact that the situation they were currently in was exactly what Jimin was talking about.

"Jungkook." Jimin sighed. "Calling me 'your baby'?" He suppressed a shiver at the thought. "Taking me out on dates? Staying the night so that we can have coffee together in the morning?" He shuffled away from Jungkook slightly. "I'm just trying to figure out what your intentions are."

Jungkook gulped, tensing up and pulling back a bit. And so it finally came to the point where Jungkook was going to have to make a decision.

Turn him down and potentially risk breaking his heart, or tell him that he'd like to further the relationship and risk getting into trouble with the devil.

In the end, he was a demon, so he shouldn't care about breaking Jimin's heart. He should be able to rip it in two and watch Jimin cry over it without feeling a twinge of remorse.

The decision, should be easy. Should be. But it wasn't, and that troubled Jungkook.

"Jimin..." He sighed, trying to figure out the correct words to cause the least damage. "I... I do like you." Why was this so difficult? "I just don't think I'd like it to become something more serious, you know? I like it where we are."

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed, as if trying to wrap his head around the words.

"So you don't want to be fuckbuddies, but you also don't want to actually date." He spoke, confusion written across his every feature. "We're basically already dating, Jungkook. What's the issue with putting a label on it?"

"Because we aren't dating." Jungkook huffed, sitting up and leaning away from Jimin.

"But we could be." Jimin urged, watching how Jungkook was slowly sliding away from him.

"But I don't want to be." Jungkook finalized, and the look that Jimin gave him was so distraught that he had to look away. Maybe that was harsh, but he had to be harsh in order to get his point across.

"Then what do you want?" Jimin's voice was laced with irritation, clearly becoming annoyed with all of the different messages Jungkook was sending his way.

"I want you." Jungkook breathed. "But I can't have you."

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"And why can't you?" He asked. "You can clearly see that I want you as well, so what's stopping you?"

Jungkook groaned softly and ran a hand through his hair. He couldn't call Jimin his "boyfriend" or whatever the older may have been looking for. He also, however, really didn't want to push him away.

This was so, so difficult, when it really shouldn't've been.

"Jimin-"

Once again, the sound of a knock at Jimin's door had them stopping what they were doing. Though this time, maybe they were a bit happy that they were being stopped.