서른 다섯

hello i'm alive

--

"Jimin, I know that you're scared. I'm scared too, believe me when I say that I am."

It was hard to be reassuring, when Jungkook himself was nearly trebling in fear at the mere thought of going back up to heaven. He knew that he shouldn't be scared, because he was an angel after all and heaven was his domain, however he also knew that he wasn't the most obedient angel that there was. He knew that he broke so many rules simply for the selfish reason of keeping Jimin close to him at all times. He loved JImin, but was slowly realizing that he may have ruined his previous life in order to make room for Jimin in his new one.

"Jungkook, it's not that I'm scared." Jimin sighed softly. Jungkook and him currently stood on the rooftop of the apartment building that all of the sins resided, the early morning hours casting the dawn moonlight onto their shivering skin. Was it out of nervousness or out of the chilly dawn temperatures? There wasn't a complete answer to that question. "I think I'm just... Overwhelmed." Jimin couldn't think of a better word to describe it. "I think there's only so much change that a person can take before it starts to eat at them." He felt Jungkook's fingertips brush a few pieces of hair out of his eyes, but it failed to bring him out of his state of melancholy.

"I don't want to sound ungrateful." Jimin breathed. "But I can't be the only one out of us who misses when our life was more simple." He finally made eye contact with Jungkook, after avoiding it for a the whole conversation. "You know; just me and you, a few vodka shots and late night talks. I miss it."

"I understand where you're coming from." Jungkook answered softly, flapping his wings a few times to prevent them from getting stiff. "But you have to admit that there has never been a point in our relationship in which we've both been completely at ease. "When I was human, you suffered. When you were human, I was absolutely horrible to you and the devil was absolutely horrible to me."

"What about now?" Jimin asked, glancing at Jungkook's wings for a brief moment. "You're an angel now. What happens now?"

Jungkook shrugged dejectedly, directing his gaze up to the lightening sky.

"We won't know, unless we go up." He whispered.

Jimin gulped before nodding, looking over to Jungkook once more.

How was it, that the mere presence of one specific person could ease Jimin's words, even just a little bit? How was it, that his soul was bound to someone who caused him almost as much heartache as he did happiness?

"Jimin, no matter what happens, I will keep you safe. I'll go through everything, if it means that you'll be find when it all comes down to it."

That was how. Because Jungkook felt the exact same way, and the reassuring knowledge that somebody loved you just as much as you loved them was a feeling that was simply beautiful.

"Well, if we have to go," Jimin spoke after few longs moments. "We should go as soon as possible." His fingers were trembling as he reached down to grab Jungkook's hand, but he ignored that.

Jungkook gulped thickly before nodding slowly, stretching out his wings and shaking out his hair. Jungkook's heart was beating so erratically that he swore he was beginning to feel lightheaded, but he ignored that.

The two of them were silent as Jimin shakily wrapped his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, staring deep into his boyfriend's eyes and savoring how absolutely beautiful he was. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He whispered, heart fluttering at the shy smile that slowly spread across Jungkook's face.

"You might have." Jungkook answered softly, leaning forwards and pressing a gentle kiss to Jimin's forehead. "Have I ever told you?"

Jimin shrugged, inhaling sharply when Jungkook scooped him up into a bridal carry.

"Possibly." He whispered.

Jungkook chuckled softly, and flapped his wings to allow them to takeoff from where they were landed on the roof of the apartment building. Jimin immediately closed his eyes upon feeling the takeoff, his slight fear of heights still leaving him wary of flying whilst carrying him.

"There's a few things that you have to know." Jungkook spoke, Jimin simply paying attention to the familiar sound of his voice as he rested his head on Jungkook's chest. He could feel the wind weaving through his hair, and could hear the sound of Jungkook's wind flapping. "You won't be able to walk on the clouds unless God grants you permission to, and I really doubt that he will. Also, every single angel there will probably be staring at us in spite, but you'll just have to ignore it."

"Is that everything?" Jimin asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he began to notice the air thinning. He gripped at Jungkook's shoulders, shifting uncomfortably in his hold.

"No." Jungkook sighed, stopping their acceleration for just a moment once he noticed Jimin's discomfort. "I'll try and be a quick as I possibly can, but these heights weren't made for humans. The air pressure goes back to normal once we cross the barrier into heaven, but there's going to be a solid minute of flying where you won't be able to breathe." He felt Jimin tense up, and immediately felt guilty for not informing him of this beforehand. "Just hold your breath, and don't panic. You'll be fine, I promise. I would never bring you with me if I knew you'd be put in a lot of danger.

"Do I hold my breath now?" Jimin asked, focusing on getting a full breath in.

"Yeah, now." Jungkook nodded, waiting until Jimin took a deep breath before beginning to fly upwards once again.

Jimin knew that Jungkook had told him not to panic, but it was extremely hard not to when he could feel the pressure getting higher and higher with each second. "Just a few more seconds Jimin, you're fine I promise." Jimin felt lightheaded, but he couldn't pass out because he was unsure of what would happen to him if he did. "We're almost there. Just a little longer, I know you can do it." I was beginning to hurt, Jimin's whole chest was squeezing, constricting as he clawed at Jimin's skin as his panic began to rise.

And just as his panic reached his peak, just as he was about to give up - all of the pressure was gone.

He took a deep, gasping breath, eyes fluttering open in shock at the sudden change.

Only more shock washed over him once he opened his eyes though.

Pillowy soft floors made of what Jimin slowly realized were clouds, marble statues with golden accents. An atmosphere of tranquility that settled across the entire place.

"Well Jimin." Jimin hardly even registered Jungkook's voice with the amount of shock he was feeling. "Welcome to heaven."

--