열아홉

--
"Jimin?"

The last thing that Taehyung expected to see when he opened the door to his apartment was Jimin. Even more than that, he never imagined that the other would appear to had reverted back into his demon form, albeit his eyes still being brown.

He had obviously been crying, face blotchy and dried tears still visible on his face. His newly dyed black hair was frizzy and messed up; the image in front of him almost being too much for Taehyung to handle. He never imagined he'd see Jimin the way that he was before, and now that he had, his heart ached.

"Taehyung." Jimin breathed, leaning forwards and wrapping his arms around the demon. Taehyung could feel how Jimin was trembling, new tears wetting the skin of his neck. "Taehyung... I don't know what's going on."

It was only then that Taehyung only realized Jimin was calling him by name, and he had never introduced himself to Jimin's human form before. That could only mean one thing.

It was truly Jimin. The real one.

"Jimin." Taehyung's voice cracked, his own eyes becoming glossy as he pulled away and looked Jimin in the eyes. "You're back." He smiled softly, a tear sliding down his face nonetheless as he smoothed his thumb against Jimin's cheek and wiped away the fresh tears.

"Why am I back?" Jimin sniffled, his attempts to hold back his tears being proved useless as more wet Taehyung's hand. "I died. I know I did. Why am I alive?" He paused, bottom lip quivering. "Where's Jungkook?"

Taehyung wasn't sure where to start, thinking for a moment in silence as he watched Jimin's eyes travel to his neck. "And what happened to you?" The demon knew exactly was he was talking about.

The torture he had gone through in hell seemed to have scarred him permanently; a light pink burn mark in the shape of a handprint stood out starkly against his skin. Seokjin had one too, and as did Yoongi. A painful reminder of the unjust life they had to live.

"It's a long story." Taehyung sighed sadly, brushing a few pieces of hair out of Jimin's eyes. "Come inside?"

Jimin hesitated for a moment before nodding in agreement, his trembling hand taking hold of Taehyung's as the demon led him inside.

Jimin took in the entire room as he walked into the living room, memories springing to mind at almost every corner. He looked to the couch and remembered the reason for the first time he ever got punished. He glanced outside the window and remembered the first time he told Jungkook that he was a lust demon.

"Jimin, before I explain anything, I need to know what exactly is going on inside your mind." Taehyung led him over to the couch, every single one of his mannerisms exuding gentleness and care.

Jimin wiped at his eyes as he sat down on the familiar piece of furniture, facing Taehyung as he tried to think of the words to explain what exactly was going on in his catastrophe of a mind.

"There's so much going on that it hurts." He began. "I'm remembering so much at once that it's too much for my mind to handle and I feel as if I'm one memory away from my brain bursting." He took a deep breath, glittering tears collecting on his eyelashes. "I remember what I used to be, and what I used to do. I remember meeting Jungkook, and falling so in love that I was willing to give up everything for him."

Taehyung listened intently, mixed feelings colliding in his thoughts. "I remember how comforting and kind he was, and how towards the end of my life he used to hold me like I was going to break." He laughed without humour. "And I was going to break, in the end. I remember dying Taehyung. I remember feeling so much pain that I couldn't endure it any longer, even if that meant that I had to leave Jungkook."