서른

--
"Taehyung please just take a nap, rest. This isn't good for you and you know that it's not."

Taehyung still lay within Hoseok's bed - he hadn't moved since he had gotten the news that Jimin had used him to get down to hell. He just hurt. Not just emotionally but physically as well, finding himself to feel a sharp pain each time he breathed whenever Jimin or Jungkook crossed his mind:

He knew that he would be worried, he should be terrified by symptoms such as those, but he couldn't bring himself to feel that way.

"I'm alright, I swear." His mesmerizing sky blue eyes had darkened in hue, now closer to a cerulean colour. The other demons weren't quite sure what it meant, but whenever a demon's appearance changed it was usually associated with something bad.

"You're not." Yoongi sighed, walking forewards and resting his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. Yoongi was changing as well. As a deterrent to keep him from feeling anything but wrath, the devil had made Yoongi feel an excruciatingly annoying itch beneath his skin whenever he did anything kind.

Recently, his skin had been crawling. He could feel it almost every single moment of the day, an insistent itch that simply couldn't be scratched, but he chose to endure it. Maybe finally he was beginning to understand why Jimin was okay with dying for Jungkook. Before, he found it absolutely ridiculous that he would give up his entire life just to be with someone for a little while longer, but now he found himself to be okay with enduring the itch as long as he was able to console his broken friends.

He wasn't being a good demon, he knew he wasn't, but in all honesty none of them were. It had been awhile since they had truly influenced the human race with their powers - too occupied with Jimin and Jungkook to care about wreaking havoc on innocent people. It was dangerous behaviour, behaviour that could result in the same way as Jimin ended up, but they couldn't help it. Their hearts and minds had begun to change.

"They've been down there for so long." Taehyung sniffled, Yoongi being the only other demon in the room with him. The others had left in order to 'clear their minds'. "They're dead aren't they Yoongi?" He asked, "They've got to be. I really hope that they're not, but I know in my heart that they most likely are." Taehyung's hands fisted in the front of his own shirt, lips tugged down into a deep frown. "Why couldn't they have both been reborn as humans? Then they could love each other without boundaries, and I wouldn't be worried sick all the time."

"They're not dead." Yoongi reassured, sitting down on the bed next to Taehyung. The other demon's expression was forlorn, sadness completely taking over his face and body language. Yoongi really wasn't sure if he even believed himself, but he had to make Taehyung believe him. It was for the other demon's safety. "Maybe the devil just has a lot to say, you know how she is."

Taehyung huffed, his chest squeezing with a quick burst of pain. He hissed, but attempted not to let Yoongi see the amount of pain he was beginning to feel.

"I also know how hot tempered and violent she is." He countered. "Who's to say that she didn't finally get fed up with he two most troublesome creations? Decided just to get rid of them once and for all so that she could eliminate her stress that stemmed from them." Taehyung buried his face into the pillows on the bed. "I just want to go back to the days where Jimin would do his job and keep living without any doubt in his mind about what he was doing."

The light from the sunset shone through the window and casted a pink hue across Taehyung's form, creating sharp shadows against all of the high points on his face. The view was beautiful, but it was hard to appreciate it when Yoongi's heart was aching. "I miss them both, and I'm not even completely sure that they're gone yet."

"Just gave a nap." Yoongi carded his fingers through Taehyung's soft hair, not giving it any thought when a few pieces of hair broke off against his fingertips. "We'll take when you wake up. Hell, Jimin and Jungkook might even be back by the time that you wake up."

It was evident how absolutely exhausted he was. The moment Yoongi gave him the permission to fall asleep, his eyes fluttered shut, dirty blond hair falling in front of them. He seemed to be getting paler, and Yoongi silently wondered if he was too. Were they, Sloth and Wrath, beginning to fall apart as well? Were they next on the list of deteriorating demons?

Yoongi continued to run his hands through Taehyung's hair in an attempt to soothe and calm the other demon. His hands and arms felt as if something was crawling all over them, the itch becoming nearly unbearable as he did so.

"Please Taehyung." Taehyung's breathing still hadn't evened out, and indication that he could very well still be listening. Yoongi found himself not caring, because deep down he really did want Taehyung to hear was he had to say. "You can't carry on like this, find your spark again. I know that you cared for them so deeply, but you can't let your emotions towards them cause harm to your physical health."

Taehyung shifted positions while he lay. "Taehyung. You'll live without them. You just need to push them to the back of your mind. It's so dangerous for you to be worrying about them from the bottom of your heart like this.

Taehyung shrugged, proving that he was indeed, still awake.

"I think that from time to time you have to be okay with a bit of danger." Taehyung's hand absentmindedly grabbed Yoongi's as a bolt pain shot through his whole body.

"This is one of those times."

--
a lil disclaimer on this entire little series because the end is near:
Writing about religion based things is obviously kind of like walking on eggshells, but I just want you guys to know that I wouldn't go into something like this blindly. I've taken religion class since kindergarten, and done research on my own part on stuff that I still wasn't sure of (y'all I've learned so much stuff about angels that's stuff's cool asf to read about damn) I know that lucifer's reason for falling isn't accurate in my story, I know that it seems like I made God out to be a bad guy of sorts, but I'm in no way trying to actually paint Him in a bad light yknow? I'm not highly religious, but I know that some of you guys are and I just wanted to make sure that everyone was chill with everything.

- Charlie :)