스물여덟

--
'"Jungkook, never in my life have I ever seen an archangel look so bored."

Jungkook merely huffed, dipping his toe into the wispy clouds beneath him from where his wings kept him hovering in the air. His lips were tugged down into a displeased expression. Sheer white fabric draped off of his shoulders and waved in the slight breeze, loose white pants hanging low on his hips as he gazed down at the earth beneath him.

"It's been ages since you last assigned me to a task." He sighed, the golden accessories adorning him glinting in the mid afternoon sun. "I'm having a hard time finding things to keep me occupied. All of the other archangels have specific duties that keep them busy all year long. I do virtually nothing. I may as well be one of the regular angels and tend to your throne all day."

His wings grew tired, and so he chose to sink down into the clouds instead, the cooling wisps of them enveloping his body.

"I suppose it's your lucky day then." Jungkook finally made eye contact with God, raising his eyebrows. The pink highlights in his hair stood out so well in the golden glow that the sun casted upon him. "I have a task for you, but I must warn you beforehand that it will seem a bit daunting."

"Daunting usually goes hand in hand with it being important, so I'd like to know more." He sat up, the clouds hugging his body and keeping him from falling. It was an ability that only angels were granted with, considering that it was their domain.

A fallen angel occurs when they are stripped of that ability, and slip straight through the clouds.

"I'm going to temporarily strip you of your wings." Jungkook's eyes widened drastically at the words, hands flying back to grasp at the soft feathers extending from his back. "I am also going to take your memories, and cast you down to earth."

Jungkook's brows furrowed, heart beating erratically as he took in the words that were being spoken to him.

He was born a purebred angel, worked his way up to archangel status by constant hard work and dedication. And now it seemed as if he was being punished? For what?

"Let me explain, because I can already see you panicking." God sighed, watching as sparkling tears began to build up in Jungkook's eyes. "Lucifer has been plotting something horrible, something that I will not let be unleashed upon the race I worked so hard on creating." Jungkook's eyebrows shot up. "That menace plans to create demons that are the embodiments of the worst of sins, and then set them free amongst the human race."

"That can't be." Jungkook gasped, finding it hard to grasp the words that were being spoken. "That could absolutely ruin humans."

God nodded, Jungkook watching each movement intently.

"Which is why I need you." God elaborated. "You're going to disguise yourself as a human, and take them down." Jungkook gulped. "I'm going to grant you with the power of each of the virtues, so that you may counteract the effects of each of the sins. I'll take your wings, and your memories, and cut off all contact between us so that you are able to work without any limitations."

Jungkook played with the wispy clouds he sat in, before nodding slowly. "Anything, and everything that you do down there will be excused. Any sin that you indulge in will not be accounted for up here, because I know that it is simply for work purposes. Because you will be human, Lucifer is able to do absolutely anything to you, but I do believe that you'll have strength."

Jungkook stood up, fluffy hair blowing in the wind as he made direct eye contact with God. "If at anytime it becomes too much, dousing yourself in holy water will bring you back to your true form."