서른일곱

He coughed once, then twice.

His head pounded and his skin felt odd, a tingly feeling spreading across his entire body. He could also tell that he was sweating, the heat from wherever he was causing it to bead up against his forehead.

"You surprise me, Jimin." Jimin cracked one of his eyelids open upon being addressed, grateful that the low red lighting wasn't too harsh. He lay on the ground for a moment, but as soon as the realization hit him, his eyes snapped open in shock.

He scanned his surroundings, slowly sitting up and taking in the fact that he was there once again.

Hell. He should've known he would returned here.

Jimin finally looked up at who was speaking to him, for once in his life feeling a small sense of relief when he observed the devil standing in front of him. She looked almost exactly the same, however her hair had transformed to longer, cascading down her back. Her right hand though, also now sported the ring Jungkook had gifted her. "I truly didn't think I would see you for awhile. Did you miss me that much?"

"Hardly." Jimin smiled softly, finally sitting up fully. His eyebrows furrowed as he brought his hands up close to his face, observing the newfound sharpness of his nails. The devil watched him as he slowly reached up to his head, feeling the two small horns that now poked out of his skull. "Back to my roots." He mumbled.

"It was the best I could do, Jimin." The devil sighed. "You died on impact, if i didn't snatch you up you would've had to live in purgatory, and I didn't want that for you." She watched as Jimin ran his tongue against his sharpened teeth, exhaling. "This will be your final form."

Jimin raised an eyebrow, finally mustering up the strength to stand up.

"What do you mean?" It wasn't that he had expected to be human again, he hadn't even anticipated what would have happened after he died. In his ideal world though, he was human, and so was Jungkook - no problems.

The devil smiled sadly, taking a few steps closer.

"You've died twice now, Jimin." She spoke. "You know how demons work, I manipulate a soul until it becomes fit to live here. If I messed with the soul inside you anymore than I already have you would be a completely different person." Jimin gulped. "If you want to continue being you, you have to live as a demon - and you have to live here."

Jimin's eyes widened as he stared into the devil's gaze, her deep red irises holding an emotion similar to sadness within them. "I'm not good at making humans. If I tried to do that to you again it would have failed just as hard as the last time. This is your only option."

It finally set in for Jimin at that moment, tears springing to his eyes as he realized the gravity of the decision he had made. He was stuck here, there was no way for him to see Jungkook ever again. It was over. Though he wished it wasn't, it was finally over.

A few tears slipped down his cheeks, Jimin sniffling as an ache in his chest blossomed and spread throughout his body. He almost felt like he should have been crying harder, but he wasn't sure if he had that many tears left to give. "You're okay." The devil placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder, using her other hand to wipe the tears off of his face. "You're allowed to feel."

Jimin shook his head, tears looking like dew drops on his eyelashes.

"I remember the last time I allowed myself to feel when I was a demon." He cried. "And if I die again I don't have anymore chances. I won't be me anymore."

The devil shook her head.

"I only made that rule for demons who had a goal." She spoke softly. "You don't have a goal anymore, you're not Lust. You're just a regular demon, and you're allowed to feel." She tapped the horns on his head, which Jimin now realized we're considerably smaller than the ones he sported in the past. "It's usually thought to be a downgrade but in your case... I think it works in your favour."