Fate's beginning

Before he sat down to rest Yami/Atem lifted up his shirt and slid his finger down the side of his chest where the scar from the dagger still resides "hmm.... I should have known.... she was giving us clues without giving it away!"  he thinks to himself and smiles at the thought now he knew what it was he felt all this time.... love.... he still loves her and always will nothing could break the bond they have not even being locked in the puzzle for over 5,000 years apparently he hoped he would remember everything in the morning when he woke up but he doubted it for it was already starting to fade once more all he could remember was everything that happened in the museum and meeting Mai with Téa at the Duelist tournament meeting.... he dreamed of her though laying at her side in his bed making love to her there WAS a blanket over their bodies as they made love a very thin white almost see through blanket but still if these dreams kept up he was never gonna get a proper night's rest but he didn't care hearing her moan his name using that tantalizing purr of hers made his body quiver excitedly and grateful that he and Yugi didn't share dreams at least he hoped they didn't he practically chuckles at the thought then shakes his head with a smile and goes back to sleep dreaming of her smiling face and how she leaned up against him, held him and watched him duel sometimes taking his hand as he lifted a card off the top of his deck.... as Yugi and his friends went to register for the tournament Yami searched everywhere for Isra "where is she!?!.... she promised that she'd be here!"  Yami wonders he waited and wondered constantly looking around as he stayed inside Yugi then when he hears about Joey's sister he smiles "maybe that's where she is!"  he hears Yugi say in his usual excitable voice Yami nods.... that's exactly where she was.... spending a little "girl time" with Serenity talking about Joey's duels at the past tournament and about life in general.... for Serenity anyway.... she did the "full-on" girl stuff too.... doing each others nails and hair.... she brought a few outfits of hers so that Serenity can "help her" chose what to wear for the official first day of Duelist City.... as Serenity started to worry about why Joey never showed up Isra told her the same stories about the Pharaoh and Priest and her past which kept her attention by her worry never left "Serenity.... once these guys have their duel disks they can start a duel at anytime!.... you and I both know that Joey wouldn't miss this day for the world if he could help it!.... but as of late.... nothing has ended up the way those guys would like it to go.... it might not be the same.... but I'll stay if you want.... and I will tell you the story of a somewhat famous Pharaoh and the love of his life.... if you want to hear it.... it's the same story I've told Yugi while your brother and the rest of his friends were with him"  Isra told her Serenity's eyes sparkled with excited wonder "before it all starts to disappear!"  Isra whispers to herself then starts her story for the excitable girl staring at her with a smile on her face while they both sit on the hospital bed....

 it's the same story I've told Yugi while your brother and the rest of his friends were with him"  Isra told her Serenity's eyes sparkled with excited wonder "before it all starts to disappear!"  Isra whispers to herself then starts her story for ...

"By order of your queen no more crying you simple peasant!"  Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Téa hear Isra's teasing voice order from the other side of the door they hear Serenity's soft giggle follow they see the door open and Isra walk out of it "will someone please stop her!.... I can't take it any longer!.... oh by the rites of Anubis!.... please stop!!"  Isra teasing voice fakes annoyance with her hand against her forehead as though she's seen the most tragic thing in the world as she leans against the doorway and they hear Serenity giggle even louder "as for you mister!.... you's got a lot of explainin to do!"  she points her finger at Joey and shakes it "I know!"  Joey replies Isra looks at Yugi and asks behind her hand in an almost whisper "did I just say you's!?!"  Yugi laughs with a nod then replies with a smile "yes you did!"  she fakes a gasp then says with a playful tone "oh no!.... now I'm turning into Joey!!"  there was a bout of roaring laughter and a "hey!!"  from Joey which caused more laughter she could sense Yami/Atem smiling at her and she smiles back then with a wave she was gone.... the next morning Isra was in Serenity's chosen outfit and helping grandpa Moto do Yugi's chores.... she has yet to see Yami/Atem and Yugi since they were working on his deck for the tournament.... "it's a sad day when an old man has to do his grandsons chores"  Solomon says with a stretch "ahh humph "sorry grandpa but I have to prepare for the tournament" he says! I like a duel as much as the next guy but in my day our jobs came first hogwash! who am I kidding Kaiba's Battle City Tournament starts today and I wouldn't miss it for the world! whoo-hoo! I'll close the shop a little early yay!"  Solomon continues dancing around and rushing inside he does a little spin as he opens the door and walks in "like right now!"  he says as he puts the closed sign up "oh and thank you for all your help Isra"  he says to the happily laughing woman standing on the sidewalk with her broom still in hand she bows before him "of course my friend now what am I suppose to do hop on and fly away!?"  she replies he chuckles then says "of course not.... there are plenty of chores that need to be done inside as well!"  her laughter grows "as you wish oh wise master of mine!"  she walks in to the shop still holding her broom with a smile on her face bowing once more before him.... Yami and Yugi hear her booming musical laughter and Yami looks out the window "Isra's here!!"  Yugi says excitedly as he grabs his deck and rushes downstairs.... Isra couldn't help but be reminded of the body chains her mother used to have her wear over her slave/servant outfit.... "to remind everyone where you stand!"  her mother says coldly "and who I really belong to!"  Isra replies coolly her mother scowls at her and she give her mother a fake smile "now if you'll excuse me.... I believe the Pharaoh has asked for my services today.... as he always does!"  Isra says as she walks out of her mothers room she could feel the dark cold hateful stare her mother gave her as she walks away which made her smile for real and that smile was the first thing Atem had seen as he woke up that morning....

Isra was so busy helping grandpa clean and teasing the elder as she did so that she didn't even see Yugi till she felt his arms wrap around her lower back "hey Yu"  she says with soft laughter in her tone "you came!!"  Yugi exclaims happily she tu...

Isra was so busy helping grandpa clean and teasing the elder as she did so that she didn't even see Yugi till she felt his arms wrap around her lower back "hey Yu"  she says with soft laughter in her tone "you came!!"  Yugi exclaims happily she turns to look at him with a smile on her face "I made a promise.... and my word is my bond which I never break no matter what"  Yugi looks at her then asks with a curious confused tone "you promised!?!.... oh the spirit!"  he smiles as she nods "he's happy to see you too"  he tells her "I bet he is!"  she replies then smiles at him with a wink making him chuckle "alright Sol.... I've got the computer all set for you so you can watch Joey and Yugi as they duel"  she says turning to Solomon "I kind of snuck into Kaiba Corp satellite so he can really see the "action" as it happens!"  she whispers to Yugi behind her hand and he chuckles "have fun!!"  Solomon says "us!?!.... fun!?!.... ne-v-er!!"  she replies as they start to walk out of the shop "dull and boring.... that's us! Solomon laughs Yugi and Isra wave to Solomon who waves back as the two of them walk out the door.... "you call him Atem"  Yugi says as they walk to Battle City Isra nods the asks "can you guess why!?!"  Yugi gasps then says with surprised tone as he just realizes what she meant "your stories!!.... they are his life!!"  she replies "not just his Yu"  Yugi looks at her curiously "I wasn't named after Isra.... I AM Isra.... I don't know why.... or how this came to be.... I have a feeling that I'm not even suppose to be here.... that I was never meant to exist"  she tells him even though they didn't switch Isra could feel Atem's hand in hers and hears him say softly "I'm glad you do"  she chuckles "once you regain your memories.... you might just change your mind!"  she teasingly tells him a small smile slides up the corner of his lips as he chuckles.... Isra stays quiet as Yugi chats with Mai, Rex and Weevil she smiles at Mako as he arrives "don't you feel out of place here Isra?!"  Mai asks "I feel out of place everywhere I go.... but I'm with my friends so I know I'm safe and well protected"  Isra answers Mai looks at her funny and she could sense Atem smiling at her she returns his smile with a small one of her own "how've you been Mako?!... get your boat yet?!"  Isra asks Mako "not yet.... but soon"  he answers with a smile "good luck my friend"  she replies he nods at her then give her a tight hug  "see Mai.... well.... protected!"  Isra says with a playfully strained voice as she's being squeezed and Mai laughs Mako sets her down with a sheepish grin rubbing the back of his head whistling as Isra teasingly says "yay air!.... I can breathe again!"  she playfully slaps Mako's chest with the back of her hand and he grins Isra's head shoots up as she senses one of the Rare Hunters and the spirit that controls them just as Rex, Weevil and Mako rush off she looks over at the ugly man in a dark robe as though under some sort of spell she walks past Yugi and over to him.... Yami looks over at her and whispers in a worried tone as Mai says her goodbyes to Yugi "Isra!?!" .... Isra stands and watches the Rare Hunter as though in a trance as Seto's blimp flies overhead "Marik!!"  she whispers and she hears his answering voice say with a surprised tone "Isra!?!"