Playful Pals

"He wasn't always like this....!"  Isra says softly sitting on their balcony in a memory of hers that stayed but was void of anyone but her and Atem she looked out upon the fading Egyptian sun Atem looks at her as he stands behind her she was sitting in her usual way that she had done before on balconies one knee being hugged close to her chest the other dangling towards the Egyptian sand "Marik.... he was once.... kind.... I did something foolish Atem!.... when I forgot about you.... I think he took your place in my heart.... filled the void I knew was missing.... but didn't know exactly what it was missing.... and I thank whatever god is out there that they created condoms!"  she tells him softly ending with a tease as though to help her not think about it Atem smiles at her when she finishes and softly chuckles which makes her look up at him confused "I believe I may be jealous of that knee of yours.... so close to your chest!"  he replies she chuckles then says "well then.... come here!"  she pats the spot beside her and says "it isn't my chest but....!"  he sits down beside her and says softly with a smile "it's close enough!"  she leans into his chest with a smile "I have missed you my love, my heart"  he murmurs softly into her ear she looks over at him and kisses his lips softly "and I you my king"  Atem asks curiously his lips still close to her ear "what were you doing with condoms in your pocket!?!"  she laughs as she spins around to face him and kisses his lips his eyes widen and soften as he pulls her even closer and deepens the kiss they end up laying on the balcony somehow able to balance both bodies on top of it as she laid her head on his chest and falls asleep and he smiles down at her and whispers as he combs the tips of his fingers through her hair "yes my love rest for it has been a long day for the both of us!"  holding her with one arm and using his other arm as a pillow he falls asleep as well.... Isra wakes up a little while later and immediately straightens "Serenity!"  she whispers Atem wakes up feeling his chest become cold and sits up slowly "Isra!?!"  he whispers with a soft confused tone "Serenity's close.... with Mai, Duke and Tristen.... I don't know how....!?! I've never been able to sense them before!.... maybe it's Marik's connection with Joey...."  she answers softly.... "Yu.... look.... over there!"  Isra whispers softly into Yugi's ear pointing at the blue car heading their way.... when Seto went to save Téa.... and didn't even get a thank you by the way at least by those who SHOULD have thanked him.... Isra rushes over to him jumps in his arms and kisses his lips "I know it's not much of a thank you but....!"  she says softly as she leans back looking into his eyes "are you kidding me!?!"  he replies as he pulls her back to him by gripping the back of her head and kissing her once more this time much deeper and much longer than her's was "it was the best thank you I've ever received!"  he tells her "your right.... that does feel strange!"   she hears Atem say in her heart and she laughs in her heart and smiles at Seto hugging him tightly.... as Joey and Yugi reunite with their friends Isra places Atem back in his real Puzzle and walks away with Seto and Yami watches her walk away with a sad yet determined look in his eyes....

 as Joey and Yugi reunite with their friends Isra places Atem back in his real Puzzle and walks away with Seto and Yami watches her walk away with a sad yet determined look in his eyes