『 eighteen: CARBON COPY. 』

『 chapter xviii: CARBON COPY

chapter xviii: CARBON COPY. 』

IN HER DREAMS, YES, HER DREAMS, BECAUSE for once she isn't having nightmares, she dreams about a boy. A child more like it, he's the most clear when he's a child. He gets older in the visions of her dreams and there's other children with him some younger, variations of gender, but none stood out more than the tall, russet-skinned boy with dark hair hanging in a thick braid down his back and bright cerulean irises that shined in the moonlight where he stood by the cliffs. They were impossible not to get fascinated by. She'd seen them looking in a mirror everyday. The other children laugh around him as he chases them, their laughter is infectious and it makes someone's heart swell. But the boy seemed to know she was there in her dream and he stared at her and smiled, the smile was so familiar and it caused her heart to clench. He opened his mouth to speak but the words were muffled, like she was underwater and she couldn't hear. She tried to read his lips to no avail. Then darkness fell over the forest in which they were and June looked up to see a new moon in the sky — when she turned back, the boy was gone as were the other children. June woke up the next morning calm and without anxiety but she wondered who the boy was, why his eyes looked so much like hers, but then she came to a conclusion that it must be the growing child that was in her mothers stomach, waiting to be born. A boy. Just like Billy had hoped and just like, deep down, June knew Charlie wished he had.  

                 Daphne was sitting on the couch with a cup of tea resting on her swelled stomach and eating graham crackers when June made her way downstairs. "Someone's in a good mood." Her mom chimes.

June sinks in the spot next to her, kicking up her favorite red boots on the coffee table, "I slept good. No nightmares, can you believe!?" June was grinning so broadly, her cheeks were hurting.

Daphne smiles, reaching to cup her cheek. "That's good, sweetheart." She seems genuinely pleased to hear that and grabs her arm softly before getting a smirk on her lips. "It's seems that visit to the Rez, or to Jacob should I say, really helped."