Chapter 19

Lippo scanned the area carefully examining each contestant. Grinning slyly he produced a small lottery box. Géréta ,the hunter , was the first to question. "A lottery? What for?"
Lippo grinned wider. To Lòng Qì, Lippo looked more of a lizard than a human.
"This lottery will help us determine the Hunters and the prey~" He said finally.
Seeing the confusion amongst the crowd he explained further. "Inside the box there are 24 numbered cards. These numbers are just the one given to you during the beginning of the exam. Now, come here and pick a card in the order you arrived at the tower's  bottom."

The first to go and pick a card was Hisoka. Lòng Qì narrowed her eyes at him carefully analysing her enemy. He's strong..
Nodding in acknowledgement Lòng Qì focused on her other enemies. One that interested her the most was the pin head man. She didn't knew his name neither did she bother to ask. But she knew his scent somehow. Her eyes travelled and focused on the baldie. His appearance looked weak but the aura around him was strong. If trained enough he could be a good soldier. Maybe she could ask the Queen to recruit him to their army?
Soon it was her turn to pick a card. Some eyes focused on her . Most of them belonged to her master's friends. Some were maintaining their distance from her. Lòng Qì was a dragon with a lot of pride,so she didn't let it bother her. Her eyes twitched as she realised she was the last one to pick a card. LAST... Yup her master needed a lot of training. "So everyone has a card???" Lippo asked. Everyone nodded. Lippo shut off the lottery box. "Good. Now, your personal number and the one you just picked from the lottery box have been recorded in this machine." He said while patting the lottery box. "Consequently you are free to do whatever you want with this card. The participant corresponding to the number you have picked becomes from this time your target. One target for each one of you." He said rubbing his hand together. Lòng Qì frowned before putting her master's card in her breast pocket that was hidden under her shirt.

 Lòng Qì frowned before putting her master's card in her breast pocket that was hidden under her shirt

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(Her dress for now)

Everyone around her were now more catious and alert. Glancing down at her card, she read 'no 198'. If her memory served correct it was one of the three stupid brothers. Not much of a target... Lòng Qì was disappointed. She wanted a good warm up battle as it had been ages since she had one.

Somewhere on the ship

Killua didn't know why he got so mad at the old dragon. What the dragon said was absolutely true. He was nothing more than a coward. If his friends were in life and death situation and the enemy's strong , would he actually be able to save them? Would he actually try? All his life he had been taught to avoid stronger opponents. Would he actually dessert his only friends and flee for his life? He didn't knew. He never had any friends before so he never gave it much of a thought. But thinking about it now, made his mind go blank.

Beside him Gon was worried. Killua looked hurt and he had no idea what to say to comfort him. He still couldn't believe what the dragon said. He knew Lòng Qì  had a very bad temper and she didnt mean all that. Killua was silent the entire time, his expression still unreadable. "Killua.."Gon called him snapping him out of his trance.
"What???" He blinked and looked up at him. "Dont take it to heart. Lòng Qì didnt mean it. She just has a very bad temper." He said. Killua smiled a bit. "I know. But what she said was kind of correct too. " killua said looking down at his hands. The hands of a killer. He remembered what dawn told him that day at the blimp.

"Killua , It's ok...I...I am not scared of you !! and I would never run away from my best friend when he needs me the most!! I am just glad you are back to your own self..."

"My two best friends!!!"

Yes. Dawn and Gon both accepted him despite the fact that he was a assassin. Yet he did managed to injure Dawn unconsciously. Who knows when he might again?

"Killua. You are not a coward. Being scared is part of getting strong." Gon said softly his eyes full of determination. Killua chuckled wondering just how is Gon able to do that...smile so much..
"Speaking of scared... You got Hisokas card. So, are you scared? Or are you excited?" He asked changing the subject.  "Both actually." Gon said smiling.  "If it were a classical confrontation, i could never think of winning, But..since its about stealing a sheet..then there has to be a way. Even if my luck is little or bad, but thinking of the way kind of reassures me. Besides i have a revenge to take." Gon said grinning. But killua could see the nervousness when Gon rubbed his hands together. "....Yes. Well, we won't let the others worry us! Try to stay alive Gon!" Killua said standing up. Gon flashed him a thumbs up and watched his best friend walked off.

A while later

"Please leave the boat in the order of your arrival at the bottom of the tower during the third round!!! An interval of 2 minutes will separate each candidate leaving the boat.
All contestants will stay one week on this island infront of you. Thats the time you have to get the 6 points  and to come back here. Departure of the first candidate!!!" The woman with a headphone probably the instructor spoke.  Of course Hisoka was the first to leave. Lòng Qì glared at him as he disappeared into the forest. Soon almost everyone were gone. Even Lòng Qì's mater's friends. Atlast she was the last to leave. Slowly she walked off the boat and walked deeper into the jungle.

She had always loved jungle. It made her feel free and at home. The familiar scent of mud was so soothing she couldn't help but take in deep breathes. She touched a few trees examining them and walked a bit more into the forest feeling someones eyes on her. Thats right..i am still in the examination round.. she scowled. If only she could have a bit more time to spend in this forest. Walking faster Lòng Qì erased her presence.  Her pursuer stepped out of the bushes and looked around for her. Lòng Qì had always hated needless blood. So she did the most simple thing. She karate chopped his neck and took his tag. Sighing she felt pity for the human lying unconscious on the grass. "If thats the skill you have , you dont qualify for this exam." She murmured before throwing him into a tree hole. People had often complained about how kind Lòng Qì was during a battle. But she didnt care. As long as the enemies stay out of her way, its fine. Staring at the tag she read no 78. Not the one she needed, So she kept it hidden in her pocket. Her masters seal was soon gonna be unsealed. So she focused on getting more cards so her master is not in trouble.

She still hadn't forgotten her conversation with Killua. That human called her weak. She hated being called weak and had always proved those who called her weak, wrong.
But somehwere in her heart she knew he was right. She didnt knew how strong this clown was. And the queen had always warned her not to judge her opponents by their face. And she regretfully admitted that it was stupid of her to accept the creeps request for a game. And she did feel bad about what she said to the kid. He is a human afterall. Humans are bound to get scared sometimes in their life. And he is just a child. A child who had recieved no love from anyone. She could tell from his eyes just how lonely he was. But she always knew no matter how much she cared or tried to care... she just ends up making it worse. Master surely is bound to get angry at me.. she thought gloomily. Sighing she disappeared into thin air. She needed some sleep afterall.

[A/N--------------------

So...i changed my writing style and i kinda like it this way. I am able to describe their emotions better now. So how is the story so far? Tell me in comment. If theres any confusion always feel free to pm me. Dont ask in comments xD
If Any mistakes (grammatical or spelling mistakes) are found pls pm me and inform me. I always look forward to improve ( i wont get mad xD)..also about Dawns weakness , i am still thinking about it and maybe i will write it down in book 2 which i will publish after book 1 xD i know i know i wont take forever again. I will do my best to finish this book 1st. ) Thank you again for all the support~☆
Over and out~
For those looking for some anime to watch i am gonna write down some recommendations ~
1. 07-ghost(its kind of half in anime. The rest you gotta read in manga)
2. Cardcaptor sakura clear
3. B-Daman(i forgot the full name. But u guys can find it in kissanime.ru)
4. Beyblade burst
5. Beyblade burst god/evolution
6. Cardfight vanguard(there r many seasons :) )
So thats all for now. XD]