He Knows

(y/n)'s POV

Dan was sat in his usual spot and I had my legs draped across him. I was leaning up against Phil and we were all buried within our technology. Phil placed a kiss on the top of my head and I smiled up at him.

"Your smile is really pretty, (y/n)" Dan said, and I turned to see him place his phone down.

"Uh, thanks." I said, sucking air in dramatically. He had been acting all weird for the few hours since my whole breakdown and such and he had reason to obviously, but it was driving me crazy.

"What do you want to ask me?" I asked. Dan looked up from his screen.

"What?"

"I can clearly see you want to say something, but you won't let yourself. What is is it?"

"How are you so good at reading people?"

"Dan."

"No, I don't want to cause anything." He said, averting his attention away from my prying eyes.

"You won't. If it's about him it's okay. You can ask."

"You can't even say his name. I don't think I can see you hurt like that ever again." Dan confessed and Phil placed an arm around me.

"Max. There. I said it. Now will you tell me?"

"I--" The door swung open and Ella came in.

"Jesus, this is where you went?! What the fuck, (y/n)?! Don't scare me like that!" Ella said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Sorry. I just got caught up in the whole thing." Dan had come to see me with the whole breakdown and he brought me back to his and Phil's to hang out like we were now. I suppose he didn't want to leave me unsupervised yet.

"Ugh, you suck." Ella said, flopping on the couch. She and Phil shared a sloppy kiss and I scrunched my face in disgust.

"Ew, I was so comfy and now you're going to make me move?" I said.

"What are you 4?" Ella asked, snuggling into him.

"Uh, no. How would you feel if I dated Brian?" I asked, picturing her older brother.

"Well then he would be the worst gay person ever." Ella argued.

"Well if he wasn't, it would be weird right?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Then don't push it. You have my blessing." I said. I took my feet off Dan and turned, resting against Dan instead.

"Well, hello there."

"Hey."

"Am I your chair now?"

"I'm not sitting in your lap am I?" I said. I cringed and put my face in my hands. Ella let out a snort and I could feel Phil glaring at me.

"Yup, you are definitely a Lester child. You don't think before words come out your mouth." Dan said, chuckling. I rolled my eyes and everything went silent. Dan's arm went around my waist and rested on my stomach. My eyes flickered up to Ella grinning at me. I glanced up at Dan then scowled at her.

"Hey, Phil you want to cuddle in your bed?"

"What did I say about pushing it?"

"Bye (y/n)!" She called back as Phil dragged her towards his room. The door shut and I grumbled. Just had the worst feeling in the world plague me for a good few hours and she's already trying to get me with Dan. I have issues. Ugh. I felt that familiar tingle in the back of my head and I turned to see Dan looking at me.