Set Up

Last chapter fam.

This Thursday I'll update an epilogue chapter and next Monday is when I start my new book called 'The Deal'.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Dan and I walked across the street after the ice cream. My flat was quiet and dark when we arrived and I assumed that Ella and Phil were asleep or over at the Phan household. It was kind of scary until I turned on the lights.

"That was really fun, but super scary," I said and Dan laughed.

"It seriously wasn't that scary," he said. I frowned.

"Yes it was, don't kid yourself. Plus I meant the whole day. I really appreciate you paying for lunch and staying to have lunch with me," I said.

"Yeah, but you paid for the movie, and I appreciate that too."

"It's only fair," I replied. "That movie was good though." I hung up my jacket.

"It was super good, that nail scene?"

"Ew, don't mention that, the one thing worse than a serial killer is stepping on a nail," I said and he laughed.

"You're kidding right?"

"I would rather you shoot me dead than have to step on a nail, no way."

"That literally doesn't make any sense," he chuckled. I shoved him slightly.

"But yeah it was good, I wish Ella and Phil could've come," I said, taking off my shoes.

"Yeah, they disappeared all day and even last night."

"The popcorn, the restaurant, and even now," I said. It was odd that they had disappeared like that, it's like they were avoiding us.

"You don't think they're avoiding us right?"

"Of course not, it was just a coincidence," I said. I had been with Dan all day, I had barely noticed their absence for a while. I had too much fun.

Wait.

I could picture Ella's smirk. Little shit set me up. Set me up on a damn date with Dan. I felt my face burn once I realize she was trying to set us up to date. Did Dan realize? I hope to dear God he didn't. I played with the end of the dress' skirt.

The dress she made me wear.

Goddamn evil genius. I'm surprised I didn't realize at first. My feet shifted nervously as I played with my clothes in the disturbing silence. I eventually glanced up and Dan's eyes were locked on me, looking at me with admiration. I involuntarily smiled.

"I guess they set us up huh?" He asked and I blushed again. He noticed.

They did indeed.

"Hah, yeah, I guess we'd make a good couple according to them, and I guess they're right I had fun today," I said, and Dan took my hand, startling me.

"I did too," he said and I felt my face go even redder. We just stared at each other for a long while, before his eyes flickered down to my lips.

Was he going to kiss me?

He leaned in, hooking his arm around my waist and I shut my eyes. It was happening. It was definitely happening. He pressed his lips against mine and I set my hands on his chest. Excited flutters went off in my stomach and I gripped onto his jacket.

I didn't want any space left between us.

He eventually pulled back, his face red and he started stuttering an apology.

"S-sorry I didn't me--"

"Don't be," I said and kissed him again, to which he reciprocated. Once we pulled away again, he stepped back.

"Well, I should...I should go," he said.

"No!" He glanced back at me and I went red again. "Can't you stay? I'm still scared from the movie. You can't leave me by myself." He smiled and nodded.

Either he took the excuse for real or he's just that nice. I offered him some sweatpants Phil must've left and he disappeared to the bathroom to change. I put on some pajamas and sat on the bed waiting for him.

My God this was awkward, but really nice at the same time. He came back in and sat next to me. I crawled under the covers and he laid next to me. It was quiet for a while until he wrapped his arm around me and cradled me into his chest. I shut my eyes and took in his body heat, listening to his heartbeat.

I can't believe it took us that long. I remember not that long ago getting out of college and just meeting Dan. All that stuff in between.

I was madly in love with my brother's best friend and he was madly in love with me. Or at least I think he is. I snuggled into his torso.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he is.

"Thanks for staying, I don't want to be alone," I murmured and he kissed my forehead.

I began to drift off from the comfort of his body and presence and right before I fell asleep I heard him whisper,

"I will never leave you alone again."

Woohoo. Yay!!

Stay awesome!!

~Calymari