Fancy?

Hey lovely people. So. I'm dying. What's good with you all?

Enjoy.

I have nothing to say.

Bye

Dan's POV

I squeezed (y/n) into me savoring the short amount of time I get to be this close to her. I glanced down at the heart resting on her collarbone. I straightened the charm, my hands brushing against her warm skin. God, I love her.

"Any progress?" Phil asked. Ella was stood behind him and gave him a strange look. I immediately caught on to what he was saying.

"No. Why would there be any? I'm such a dumb ass when it come to this." I said, collapsing. (y/n) shifted in her sleep, pawing at my t-shirt like a cat.

"I just don't understand why you just can't tell them." Phil said, sitting down. Ella was giving both of us odd looks, which we clearly deserved.

"I can't ruin the friendship if it doesn't work out. That's more important." I argued. Phil sighed and sat back.

"Okay, what the fuck are you guys talking about?" Ella asked.

"(y/n)" was all I replied, looking down. I felt her stare before she let out a gasp.

"Yes! I fucking knew it!" Ella said. She got up and started to dance at this 'victory'.

"You like her!" She said. I shushed her and she sat back down.

"She so likes you though." Ella said. I stared at her for a minute.

"Did she tell you that?" I asked.

"Well no, but I can see it in her eyes!" Ella argued.

"Eyes aren't enough. It would be too awkward if she actually didn't like me and she still has the whole Max thing weighing her down." I said. Ella sat back for a second, before a light bulb came on above her head.

"I can help! I'm her best friend!" she said.

"Yeah, no." I said, shaking my head.

"I'll be cool, don't worry about it." she said, sitting back against Phil's arm.

"I mean, you seem really close right now." Phil said.

"Phil, she's unconscious"

"Yeah."

I sighed and (y/n) began to stir, snuggling into me. Ella held in a squeal as her arms wrapped around my waist for warmth.

"Good morning Dan" she breathed. I widened my eyes. She knew it was me and wasn't shying away in embarrassment. Phil flashed me a face and (y/n) sat herself up.

"Oh, hey guys." she said, her cheeks dusting a light rose color. My lord it was cute. Phil raised his eyebrows and dragged Ella away, leaving us alone again.

"Hey" I said. Really Dan?! Hey?!

"Hey" she responded.

"Do you want breakfast?" I asked. She nodded and followed me into the kitchen. We were silent for a while, before she said something.

"You're really pretty in the morning."

I turned to look at her. She was looking at me, mesmerized. Why?

"What?" I asked. She seemed to come out her little trance.

"Oh my god was I thinking out loud?" she asked, her face the color of a tomato. I nodded and she put her face in her hands. I pulled them away.

"It's fine, love. You're quite pretty in the morning yourself." I said, pulling the Lucky Charms from the shelf. Her face went crimson and I smiled to myself. I stopped myself from pouring the cereal.

"Would you like to go out for breakfast?" I suggested. She nodded, saying something about clothes and a shower. She was gone in a few moments only to return a short time later.

"Okay, we can go." she said, smiling. She held out her hand for me to take and I did. She pulled me down the stairs.

"Hungry?"

"Starving."

She pulled me down the street until I got a little tired and she slowed down. We passed a few stores, eventually coming upon a pair of elderly women on a bench. (y/n) smiled and nodded as we passed them and they did the same.

"Ahh, Betty isn't that nice. Such young love." one of them said. We kept walking and I debated letting go of her hand.

"You hear that? We're such nice young love." (y/n) said, chuckling.

"Only the best." I replied, squeezing her hand.

"Oh yeah? You fancy me?" She joked, but I felt my heart drop.

"I sure do." 

If only she knew.

"You know Daniel, I think I quite fancy you as well." 

That sent my mind a million miles a minute. Was she serious? Was she joking? WHAT DO I SAY?! We dropped it eventually arriving at the breakfast place. We ate relatively quickly and headed back out.

"I'm so full I can barely walk!" (y/n) said, trudging behind me. 

"If you want to hang out with me, you have to learn eat twice your body weight in pancakes." I said. She groaned and I rolled my eyes. I motioned for her to climb on my back, which she did and I hooked my arms around the bottom of her legs. Her arms wrapped over my shoulders like a backpack and she snuggled into me. Her body pressed into me and we passed the bench where the old women had been. It was empty.

We arrived back and I placed her down. She followed me up the stairs and I held the door for her.

"Thank you for the breakfast dear Daniel." she said, pecking me on the cheek. I felt my entire body practically melt, but I kept myself composed.

"You're welcome dear (y/n)" I replied.

Today had been an odd day so far, rather torturous. 

"So you fancy me huh?" I asked.

Yeah. Great thing to say Dan.

"I mean, you're very nice. If I didn't fancy you, you wouldn't be my friend now would you?" she said. I nodded.

"Plus, you have a great ass." she said laughing.

"Why do you even speak? Lester children shouldn't be allowed to speak." I said.

"I mean am I wrong? It's all over the internet isn't it?" she said, snorting.

"Yeah, I know." I sighed, sitting down in front of the TV.

"You love my unique compliments." she said.

"Yes, yes I do." I replied.

"Good. Movie?" she asked. I nodded and she put one in, snuggling into me. What is to her a friendly gesture is romantic to me.

It kills me.

It really does.