Awake

Sup. How ya doing? I'm okay. Little reluctant to go to school, but I'm excited to see my friends so...

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I peeled my eyes open gently, not wanting to hurt myself. I was thankfully awake now. I noticed Dan's hand was in mine and his head was resting in the crook of my neck. I'm still struggling to remember exactly who this man was. All I really knew was his name and I think he's a YouTuber like my brother, but I can't be sure. All I could think about right now was just how badly I had to use the bathroom. I'm surprised they didn't put me in a hospital considering I was in a mini coma, but whoever judged my state must be right. My body aches, especially in my ribs where the skin was tender. Max must have punched me pretty hard. I felt myself tear up at the thought and I pushed it away. I slid out from Dan's grasp, unclasping our fingers. I was about to burst. Considering I had been unable to walk for a while, I got a hang of it rather quickly. I glanced over at Phil and Ella, curled up in his bed. I hobbled into the bathroom, using it. I washed my hands, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Hello." I murmured. It felt great to talk after being so trapped inside my own head. I headed back to the room quietly, wondering if I should wake him. The whole situation was rather stressful on everyone so I decided against it. I sat down, laying back and turning on my side to face him. He was quite handsome, soft, fluffy hair resting on top of his head, pink, but slightly chapped lips, pale skin, soft expression while he rested. I can only imagine what kind of eyes were hidden behind those lids. I smiled, watching him sleep with my head resting on my arm. It wasn't really in a creepy way, but it was actually really peaceful. I eventually felt myself drifting off slightly from the exhaustion that I was facing. I heard the door creak and I lifted my head up. Ella's eyes met mine and they widened, like she had just been caught in a lie. Pure shock.

"You're...You're awake." she said, smiling.

"Yes I am." I replied, smiling. I heard Dan stir and I held my finger to my lips. I stood up, leaving with Ella to Phil's room.

"How is she..." Phil trailed off as I entered the room after Ella. I blinked a few times, relishing in my ability to do so. Phil stood up, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back, resting my head in his chest. "I'm so sorry I didn't protect you."Phil whispered.

"That's okay. You didn't know. Just as long as you're here now." I said. He gave me a gentle squeeze.

"I love you." He said, kissing my forehead before turning me over to Ella.

"Love you too." I replied. Ella hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." she said, and I felt a hot tear drip on my shoulder.

"I am too." I said, squeezing her. She attached herself to Phil's side and I sat down, resting my hand on my ribs.

"So you don't remember Dan?" Ella asked. I nodded.

"I really wish I did, but I just can't." I said, racking my brain for a clue as to who that man was.

"What do you remember?" Phil asked.

"I-I know you, Ella, my parents, my proffesion, Max, and that's it." I said.

"You don't remember Casey? Or Louise? Zoe? Joe? Caspar? PJ? Any of the YouTube people?" Phil said.

"Um, I've never heard of Casey, but I have a slight recollection of the YouTubers, but that's only because I know I watched them. Have I met them?" I asked. He nodded and I scowled. "Damn it." I cursed.

"It's fine, give it time." Phil said.

"I'm honestly surprised you don't know Dan." Ella said.

"They only met not that long ago. Maybe she just doesn't remember much from the recent past." Phil said.

"True, that makes sense. She remembers us." Ella said. "Are you hungry?" she asked, looking at me. I nodded. "I'll take you out to lunch, how does that sound?" she said.

"That sounds nice." I said.

"I'll bring her back here later, okay?" Ella said, pecking Phil on the lips. He nodded and we headed out for a meal. "What do you have a taste for?" Ella asked.

"Anything's fine." I said, leaning back in the cab seat. "Man it's freaky to hear my own voice again" I commented.

"Yeah, what was it like when you were asleep." Ella asked.

"I don't know. It was like a lot of muffled noises for a while until I focused enough to hear you 3 talking. Then when Dan was about to leave I had to focus every part of my being on my hand to grasp his again. At first it was like I was blind and all I could do was hear, but then when I was focusing on moving, it was like there was this tiny me inside my head trying to get out. I was trapped." I said. She nodded.

"That's crazy." Ella said, sitting back. We headed out to lunch, ate and she lead me back to the flat. We entered and Dan and Phil were sat on the couch. Dan caught sight of me and ran over to hug me. I winced at the pain in my abdomen, but it was nice to hug him anyway. He was good at that.

"Uh, hi." I said, and he let go of me. It was strange to see a stranger so attached to me, one who knows a portion of my life that I don't. It's so odd.

"Hi, sorry. It's just so good to see you awake. I was really worried." he said. He smiled at me and I noticed he had dimples. Cute.

"You have dimples." I said. He looked confused before his face saddened.

"Yeah, I almost forgot you have no idea who I am." he said, stepping back.

"That's okay." I said, smiling. "So, I have some sort of minute amnesia huh?" I said. They all nodded. "Weird." 

"You feel any different?" Phil asked.

"Uh kind of. I know I'm forgetting a pretty huge part of my life, but it's like it never even happened. I'm literally trying to remember something that doesn't exist to me." 

~Time Skip~

"It's been 4 days, Phil." Dan said. Ella and I were currently visiting Dan and Phil and they were arguing about me. They clearly don't realize I know what they are saying.

"I know, but you just have to be patient." Phil said.

"I can't stand it. I'm going insane!" he said. I walked away from the doorway, not wanting to listen anymore. I entered Dan's room where Ella was sat.

"I really shouldn't have let you listen to that." Ella said, sighing. I shrugged, not letting her see the obvious guilt that was building inside me. I glanced around the room at all the decorations Dan had in his room. I stopped, looking at his dresser in shock. 

"Woah." I breathed.

"What?" Ella asked, looking over at me. I didn't answer, as I was unable to, just staring at the fluffy stuffed llama sat on the top of his dresser.

YES.

DANI SNOT ON FIRE

Stay awesome!

~Calymari