Movie With Ice Cream

So I dropped my phone in a sink full of water. It works, but the vibration noise is like hella low and there are parts of the screen darker than the others like it's full of water. So idfk if my phone screen will be fixed or that big blotch in the corner will piss me off.

Also, I know this is like hella sudden and everything, but this is the SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER.

I know crazy.

I was thinking about making sort of an epilogue chapter after the last one, but this book is coming to an end.

We can only get so much out of these ppl.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Dan and I had stopped by my flat so I could get some money for a movie.

"What movie are we watching?"

"I was going to suggest that new horror movie," I said.

"Oh yeah, Phil saw that and he said it was good," Dan agreed as we walked into the theater. It was kind of empty so we easily made our way to get tickets and food. I got some popcorn and candies along with drinks.

We hung around in the empty theater while the previews were playing, each of us making fun of the adverts they played. People started filtering in and it was getting quiet as the movie was nearing its playing time.

"I'm excited," I commented, looking at a young girl who had thrown popcorn at her brother. Weren't they a little young to be in this movie?

"Me too, Phil said it was good," Dan replied. The lights dimmed and Dan placed his arm around the back of my chair as the beginning credits started. It was extremely dark in the first scene, the whole theater eerie and quiet. I loved scary movies, but definitely not the kind of person to watch them alone. I gripped onto the arm of the chair between Dan and I. I felt Dan's arm come to wrap around my shoulders rather than the chair and he moved the divider. I scooted over to him silently and gripped at his shirt.

The first huge jump scare came at me and I felt my body tense and so did Dan's. He just hugged me closer and my cheeks flushed red at the protective gesture. We spent the rest of the movie snuggled up like that. Once the lights returned, I jumped at that as well and Dan laughed.

"Still scared?"

"Yeah, a little," I said. This movie was particularly long so it had already darkened outside and Dan had suggested walking home to which I was skeptical of.

"Don't be scared, there's nothing out there." We started down the street, which was mainly empty, the busier street was behind us. Street lamps cast a scary glow down on us and I could barely focus, my body was shaking. Normally I wouldn't be this scared, but this movie was terrifying to me, especially now that it was dark.

Why had Ella even suggested that?

She must've known it would scare me more that usual. I just walked beside Dan as he talked about the movie. He was really into horror it seems, his imagination wasn't going wild. I mean what if I got kidnapped like that one guy in the movie? London streets after dark are scary as hell. Dan was about to mention the plot twist when he stopped to look at me. I must've been quiet.

"Here," he grasped my hand as we walked and curled his fingers around my palm. "So you won't be scared."

Yeah, but what if he gets kidnapped too? What if I die? Who knows what's hanging out in the alleys.

"(y/n)? You alright?"

"Uh, no," I admitted and he smiled slightly.

"Seriously, there's nothing to be afraid of," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist this time as we headed back to his place.

"There are so very many things to be afraid of," I said, melting into him like he was a jacket.

"Yeah, but life like that kinda sucks," he replied and I paused to think about what he said. It was true. But I'd also rather not be stabbed right at this moment. Luckily, we made it unscathed to his street when he stopped suddenly. "Okay, I know we just ate a bunch of junk, but..."

I glanced over to where he was looking and there was an ice cream shop still open. I turned back at him with a devilish grin and we practically ran across the street for ice cream. I ended up getting (fave ice cream flavor (mine's cookie dough)) and Dan got something with a hell of a lot of chocolate. He of course ended up getting it on his face like a child.

"Oh my lord, is it really that hard to eat ice cream?" I asked, handing him a napkin.

"Excuse me, I'm saving that for later." He sassily waved me off with his hand and I smirked.

"You're saving a chocolate beard for later? Look out ladies."

"You are a cruel woman," he said, hitting my ice cream into my nose. My mouth dropped open and he started laughing like crazy, the workers and customers staring at us. I shook my head and wiped my nose.

"You suck," I said, throwing the ice cream napkin at him. He dodged it and it fell to the table instead.

"Not my problem," he replied, licking his ice cream. I shivered as it's always cold in an ice cream shop. "I wish I had a jacket to give you."

"We won't be here much longer, and how gentlemanly."

"You know me, I'm a gentleman."

"Gentleman, dork, same thing," I commented and he place a hand on his chest, pretending to be offended.

"Don't you know that a dork is a whales--" (ppl in the comments. I see you.)

"I know what I said."

"You're so nice to me."

"I know."

Stay awesome!

~Calymari