Let Loose

Hey!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"You what?" I cringed as I looked up at Ella. The boat had just recently docked for the day so we were going to the beach and I was sat waiting for Ella to be ready.

"We made out, almost did the do," I sighed and she shook her head.

"You're an idiot."

"I know that! But what am I supposed to do?! Help me, that's your job." Ella glared at me and thought for a moment.

"Well if you just don't act like it bothers you he'll feel comfortable being around you," she said. It was true that Dan hadn't spoken to me all morning and me being the wallflower of the situation wasn't helping.

"But you know me, awkward."

"Yeah, but just act like it never happened. That's what he's doing," she explained, turning for me to tie her bikini strap.

Of course he wanted to act like it never happened. That's what I wanted right? It wouldn't have happened if we weren't drunk or tipsy so just ignore it.

"Sometimes you just need to let things go," she said, pulling up her hair. I nodded and she stood up, slipping on her flip flops. "Besides, we're on a cruise and in our 20's, I feel like that's normal."

"For us? I don't think so."

"Sure, but sometimes we just need to act like a bunch of reckless millennials."

"How wise of you," I said, handing her the beach bag. She glanced at me as we left and frowned.

"You've got worry lines," she said, patting my cheek.

"When do I not?" She smiled.

"You need to let loose. Come on, maybe we'll find you some hot surfer boy."

"That's going to give me more worry lines you know."

"Ugh fine, here." She pulled a small speaker out from her bag and had me hold it. We headed down the bridge. It felt odd to be on land again, but that was all in my head. Ella started playing some upbeat music and a few cruise members let out a shout. "Be like them." I raised an eyebrow and she grasped my hand. She pulled me down the beach towards the 2 boys and my stomach flipped. She was bouncing around to the music as we ran which made me chuckle. Maybe I really was the uptight one. I laughed and bounced with her, catching the attention of Phil.

"Finally," Phil said, hinting we had taken a long time.

"Relax," Ella said, tossing the speaker next to her towel. "Who's excited to have sand in their things for the next month?!"

"Me?" I asked.

"See! Now you're getting it! Let's go!" She tugged me towards the water. She dove in, dragging me with her. It was extremely cold but nice. I popped up from underneath the water just as Phil jumped in as well. He splashed me and I screeched, tackling my brother. He dunked me under the water and I pushed at him until he let go.

"Okay wait wait," I paused, I dove down to the shallow ground and put my hands on the sand. I popped my legs up in a handstand and I heard muffled shouts from above the surface. I pulled up, pushing my hair back. Ella was grinning.

"There's cruise (y/n)!!" She called and I laughed. "Bet I can do it better."

"Oh really?" She flipped into a handstand and her legs flopped backwards. She came up coughing and laughing.

"Oh my God it's in my nose!!" She screeched and I burst out laughing. She splashed me and Phil and I laughed harder. "I think I'm dying!" I just laughed harder and she gripped onto my back. I glanced at shore and Dan was laid on his towel, watching. Act normal idiot. I pulled Ella up out of the water on my back, running to Dan on shore.

"Come on!" I called as Ella shouted to be released. Dan glanced up and shook his head. I raised an eyebrow and shrugged, carrying Ella back to the water. I paused at an abandoned bucket in the sand. I gripped it and ran to the water, Ella in pursuit. I dipped it into the water and gripped the bucket firmly. Dan had laid back and shut his eyes and Ella watched me return. I paused over him and dumped the beach water on him. He let out a shout and I grinned. He sat up to see me poised with the bucket, stifling laughter.

"Oh you're dead." I took off towards the water with him following quickly. I almost reached the water, tossing the bucket aside. I was in the shallows and slowed down from the water. He caught me around my arms and torso and I shrieked and bent over as he picked me up and spun me.

"I SURRENDER!" I called and he dropped me into the water. "Oh my God!" After a while of swimming after Dan had joined us we had all collapsed on the beach. I was resting my head on Ella's stomach and she breathed heavily from running and laughing. I heard her stomach rumbled which caused me to giggle.

"Lunch?" Ella asked and I snorted.

"Yeah you need it."

"Shut up." I got up and she help out a hand for me. She jumped up on my back. "Tired, carry me." Ella was pretty small and skinny so I just hoisted her up, carrying her.

"We'll bring food," I said, Ella resting her head on mine. I began to cross the beach to get food.

"See? Letting go every once in a while is great."

"Yeah, it is."

Stay awesome!

~Calymari