Hands

Hey, Wattpad is having some issues today so I'm currently writing on Google Docs and I apologize for some formatting issues!

Also because Wattpad is having issues, I will only be uploading this for those of you who also read my YouTuber's imagine.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I walked into the silent flat, wishing Ella was currently here so I had someone to talk to. I'd talk to anyone if I had the chance. There was an eerie atmosphere to the room and I flicked on the lights for peace of mind. What was so odd about it? I couldn't put my finger on it. I noticed my old university sweatshirt resting on the couch and I felt my throat tighten. I never took that out of my closet. Maybe Ella did and just didn't put it back. I noticed a few of my assignments as well, strewn all over the hallway. I picked a few of them up, glancing up at the light on in my bedroom. Who was here?! As if to read my mind a pair of arms snaked around my waist and I froze with fear.

"Did you miss me?" I felt tears sting my eyes at the sound of his voice. "Well, did you?!" he asked, his fingers gripping my sides tighter. That familiar feeling ran through my body and I wanted to cry.

"Yes." I replied, my voice small and vulnerable.

"Good. I've packed your belongings so you don't have to live with that pesky Ella anymore. I've also heard you've been hanging around your brother and his friend a lot too. You don't need to see them anymore do you?" he asked, his fingernails digging into my skin.

"No, of course not." I replied, my hands shaking. I knew if he didn't get his way he'd hurt me and my friends. I couldn't let that happen to Ella or Phil or Dan. If he knew how close I was to Dan, he'd kill him faster than I could ever act. I miss him already.

"Let's go to my place and settle in babe." Max said and I winced as he moved away from me.

"How did you get out of prison?" I asked, following him out.

"Time off for good behavior. I just couldn't stay away from you any longer." He said. He sounded oddly sincere, which I knew was all bullshit, but I wasn't going to call him on it. I wasn't that stupid.

"And how do you know about my friends?" I asked.

"I have my sources. I was surprised when I found out about this Dan fellow, but you've shot him down so many times I figured I'd be alright." Max said. I swallowed hard. I hadn't shot him down! And what was he spying on me?!

"Yeah, he's not so great." I lied. Max chuckled and led me down the stairs. "Will I ever see Phil again? He's my brother." I asked.

"I suppose once you've accepted your new lifestyle then sure." Max said. He was being oddly nice about all this. Maybe I could take off, but Max was faster and I'd make it worse for myself. We started to pass by Dan and Phil's building and I felt tempted to bust through the door and go up to their floor and everything would be okay. "You stay here. I'll go get a cab." Max said, smiling. He disappeared and I waited for a few seconds before dashing inside their building. I knocked furiously on their door and Phil opened it, looking confused.

"You have to help me. Call the police and I'll keep Max downstairs until they arrive, but I have to go now!" I said.

"Max is out of prison?!" Phil asked.

"There's no time! Just go!" I said, flying down the stairs again. I came out the door to see I made good time and that Max wasn't there yet.

"You're so ignorant and naive, (y/n)." I whipped my head round to see him leaning casually against the building. I felt everything sink to my stomach.