Chapter 2 -The Encounter-

Team RWBY, team JNPR and Ozpin were cautiously walking around the destroyed town, but everyone had the feeling that they weren't alone.

"A-am I the only one who has the feeling of being watched?" asked Jaune.

"I'm feeling it too, Jaune. Everyone else too, I presume, " said Ozpin.

"Yeah, pretty much," said Yang.

"Do you think the person knows we're here?" asked Ruby.

"Probably. But... do you think we'll find any of those creatures?" asked Pyrrah.

"If the creatures are protecting this person, then yes," said Ozpin.

"I don't mean to alarm everyone, but what is that sound?" asked Blake.

Everyone went quiet, trying to hear what Blake was hearing, and a faint noise could be hear that sounded like clicking of some kind. They try to focus the source of the sound, but it seams to move around quickly. Everyone was started to get nervous, because whatever it was, they couldn't see it through the thick mist.

"Ozpin, do you have any idea what monster that could be?" asked Weiss.

"No, and I wouldn't recommend saying that in front of them," he said.

Soon after the clicking sound, another one was added. This one sounded like someone walking slowly towards them, accompanied by something slowly dissolving.

"Ozpin, now we do have company!" said Ren, pulling out his StormFlower.

"Ren, weapons down. Remember what we've discussed," said Ozpin.

Soon, one figure emerged out of the fog. This figure looked humanoid, but was heavily disfigured and lacked arms and a face. It slowly staggers towards the group, as acidic toxin dripped out of it's chest.

"What is that thing!?" asked Weiss in a distress voice.

"One of the creatures. Although, this one is new for me," said Ozpin.

If matters couldn't get any worse, the sound of metal being dragged could be heard in the distance as well. And they had a good idea who this one was. Moments later, the giant human with the massive sword walked out of the fog and was standing in the other side of the armless monster. Almost surrounding the group.

"Is it me or are they trying to block our way?" asked Jaune, slowly starting to feel scared.

"That is a possibility, but what are we going to do?" said Nora, nervously.

The clicking sound returned, louder this time. As the group started to look for the source again, a thierd figure emerged out the fog. This one wasn't humanoid at all, instead it looked like a mess of arms and heads with pale white skin and red skin at the joints. Now they were completely surrounded by these nightmarish looking monsters.

Everyone tried to maintain calm, but in reality, they were scared for their life. Even the Grimms look nicer compared to these creatures. But something was off. They just... stood there. As if they were studying the group of humans.

"WHY AREN'T THEY DOING ANYTHING!?" screamed Weiss, finally loosing it.

"I-I-I'm not s-sure, but I g-g-guess they a-are waiting for us t-to do s-s-something," said Ruby, feeling terrified.