Chapter 20 -In the Heat of Battle-

"Is everyone prepared to bring Beacon to the ground?" said Cinder to all the White Fang soldiers.

"Yes, ma'am!" they chanted.

"Then go board the Bullheads, and show them that this world doesn't have a need for Hunters!" she said, pointing towards the vehicles.

Soon all the soldiers went inside their Bullheads and started to fly away. While the soldiers were boarding, Cinder went to the rest of her gang in their own Bullhead.

"Is everyone ready to fight?" she said, looking at her followers.

"No! If we are going to face (F/n) again, then this battle is as good as lost," said Emerald.

"Oh, cheer up, Emerald. We got an army of soldiers and Grimm by our side. All they got are hunters," said Roman.

"You haven't met this person, have you?" asked Mercury.

"No, but I'll see him soon enough," he said in a calm tone.

"Come on, there's no time to waist," said Cinder as the Bullhead started to take off, followed by the rest of them.

-Near Beacon Academy-

"Cinder, it seams that there's a slight problem," said the pilot.

"Oh? And what would that be?" she asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

"W-w-we can't see it,"said the pilot.

"What!?" she asked in anger.

"We can't see Beacon. There's a very thick fog surrounding it! A-a-and our radar is picking up something," he said, shaking in fear.

Just at that moment, a horrifying scream could be heard outside. Everyone went silent as they tried to approached the landing pads.

"Ehm... what was that?" asked Adam.

They heard the scream again, but it sounded like that there was more than one. All of the sudden, the Bullhead behind them got attacked. The pilot looked back to the Bullhead to see what's happening, but all of the sudden, he got killed. The moment he got killed, the Bullhead started to descend full speed.

"What the fuck is happening!?" screamed Adam.

"Evacuate! Now!" Cinder commanded as she opened the gate.

One by one, the made it to the ground, far enough to see the Bullhead crash. The explosion blew away a big portion of the fog that was around Beacon. But something wasn't right. Pure black fog was flowing down from the tallest tower. Not only that, there were barbed wires from the Bullhead towards the tower. Cinder was the first one to stand up, and pulled her scroll.

"Everyone, launch the missiles. Aim for the tower. Bring Beacon down at any cost!" She commanded.

All the Bullheads that was still in the air started to launches their missiles, but something was wrong. All the missiles were stopped by either the flying creatures from before, or they were frozen in place. What was worse, the missiles got launched back towards the Bullheads. Some of them managed to dodge it, but others didn't had that luxury. The Bullheads that was still in the air decided to land to the ground as quickly as possible. Soldiers started to disembark from it, all prepare to attack. Just as they were close to Beacon, all kind of horrifying screams could be heard. All kind of monsters started appearing from nowhere.