Part 02

Marissa POV

This is the most dreadful day of my life. My heartless of a father suddenly moved all of us to Lieshcter High in the middle of school year. What was that old coot thinking?

"Yeah, darling I really don't know what he was thinking either," my wolf chimed in. "I think our old man is going senile." I mentally sighed at Kimbee's words.

Lieshcter High was named after the Northern King's royal family, and was opened by the king himself. Our kingdom have our own schools, and I am attending a private one with my siblings and my best friend. By going to this school, I have to leave my best friend and my parents behind to attend to this school as instructed by my father.

Thankfully, Mikhail and Carmelita were going as well. I really don't know what that old man was planning, but he said we will meet our mates here. I doubted it. Among all places? Why can't he just arrange a gala and invite each potential mate to come? Our wolves can always detect who our mate is, anyway.

The worst of it was that my mom was fine with the idea... I really missed my mom. I know we only left the house maybe three days ago now, but I was so close to my mom that being so far away from her made me melancholic. I inherited a lot of her traits, but my most prominent feature from her was my dark red hair.

I miss my dad too, though I don't miss his strict nature. I understand that he always wants the best for us but I don't understand what goes through his mind sometimes. I know he was the most fearless, most revered lycan in the world, but he sometimes made plans that even I couldn't comprehend the reasoning behind.

I miss home. I missed all the shrubs and forestries surrounding our castle. My dad made a treehouse in the forest a mile away from our castle for my tenth birthday. It was my secret hideout whenever I needed a place away just for myself. Being here, now, made me want to just hide in there like nothing ever changed.

It was lunch time, and I detested the attention given to me, being the royals. We were taught that we have to keep our head held high, as was our birthright. I know Mikh and Lita were mostly fine with the changes and the attention, although I loathed it.

"What was that smell?" My wolf suddenly perked up. I sniffed as well.

"Pine and grass."

It somehow made me feel at home. What was this feeling? I looked around, trying to figure out whom the magnetic scent came from. Thousands of scents invaded my nostrils, but none of them seemed to be the person emanating it. My wolf growled and suddenly became restless. I'd never sensed her this way before.

Up ahead, down the hallway to my right, was where I found the source of the smell. Our eyes met. The world seems to freeze right at that second. For a moment, it seemed like it was just the  two of us right here, right now. For that one moment, time seemed to stand still.

My wolf jumped,growling, "Mate!"

To my horror, it was a girl.  Honestly, she was possibly the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid eyes upon, but she was a freaking girl! Most prominent of her features were her  captivating greyish brown eyes which almost looked like the silver in a flash of  lighting. The goddess must be playing tricks on me.

"My mate is a girl? Kimbee, our mate is a girl?" Oh, the horror!

I hurriedly turned to catch up with my siblings, needing a comfortable space and surrounding to clear my head on this.

"What are you doing? That's my mate there! MINE!" Kimbee growled. "Go back! Go back!"

"No, Kimbee, I need to think all this through."