Part 20

I woke up with a huge headache thumping in my head. The room was dark, so dark that I barely can see anything despite my enhanced sighting. I tried to move but felt myself restricted. Feeling myself, I realized that my arms and legs were shackled. I try pulling in order to break the chains but unsuccessful. Panic rises inside my heart not understanding what happened entirely.

"Oh baby! You're awake!" Kristina came close to me. I noticed I was sprawled on top a bed in a dark room.

"Kristina? What are you doing?" I can't help feeling panic all over not understanding it all.

"This must be done, Logan. Your heart is not with me therefore I have to persuade you into marking me." She caressed my face.

"You mean forced me, Kristina? You know that's against the nature. That can't be done."

"Oh but I can. You see Logan, I have predicted this with all your changes of attitude. These are all well prepared in case you have cold feet. I have invested two years of my life to let all our effort wasted."

Invested?

"You.. planned all these? But why, Kristina?" I can't help but feel hurt at the revelation.

"We need the connection. The power with our bonding will ensure we can take over the southern kingdom."

"You know I won't let that happened, Kristina. Not as long as I live!"

"Oh! But you will Logan! I will make you forget everything about tonight and for the past three months! You won't remember anything about her and you won't remember these. You will be with me and will follow everything I say!"

That actually angered me. She wanted to use me for her gain and will make me a puppet of her game. I pulled harder on the chains restricting me.

"There's no used. That's silver chain. Apart from ensuring you can't free yourself, it will weaken your power." She smirked. "Besides, the whole place is surrounded by my men. You may escaped these chains but you can't escaped my people."

Failing in my attempt at freeing myself, I tried to reasoned with Kristina.

"Krissie, why are you doing this? Is this because I rejected you as my mate? You know deep down I am not your soulmate, right? I'm sure given time you will find your real soulmate." I looked at her pleading.

"That's when you're wrong. You see Logan, I already met my mate. But he's super useless in everything. Weak! You Logan, now you are my soulmate. Strong, strict and heartless. The definition of my perfect match. I never realized that I will fall in love with you, baby, when I proceeded with our plan to seduced you. But I do. And I will love you until the end of time, my love."

I was taken aback with all Kristina was telling me.

"You already... found a mate. How come you do that to him? Your own mate?"

Hearing my questions enraged her. She throws all the medicines and plates on top of a table to the wall.

"Brett is weak! He isn't suitable to be my mate!!!"

B--brett?? Oh shit!

Everything clicked into place right at the revelation.

"You...! All these times, it was all you!"

She laugh amused as I finally realized everything.

"You attacked him in the infirmary, didn't you? Are you also the one who orchestrated his attacks in the hospital?"

Her silent was enough to confirmed everything. She stood with her back facing me doing goddess know what. I have an inclined it was preparation for what she planned for tonight.

"Who are you Kristina?" She laughed at my question.

Her laughter was kind of hysterical that it made the hairs on my body stood.

"Who am I?" She laughed again. "Well let me tell you, baby." She stood straight facing me. Her eyes were hard and full of pride. "I am Princess Kristina Belle Villehardouin the Third! I am the rightful heir to the southern kingdom! It used to belonged to us mages before you werewolves took over our kingdom and claimed it as your own!"

"But that happened during the great war. It was rightfully taken over! It says in our history that the royal family of Villehardouin fled the kingdom along with their people to avoid the impending war!"

"That's where you are wrong, Logan. They tricked us into believing that they won't attack us and then they came full forces and killed all of us! My family, my people, all of them! My pregnant great grandmother survived the attack with her unborn child, my grandfather, only because she was not there. She was visiting her aunt that lived in the Universal Islands! Almost nobody survived the attack! It took us a lot of work to gather all our people that survived." She was crying while she reminisced all what happened.

"Every story have two different side. You can't judge only by listening to story from your side, right?"

"Again, here's where you're wrong. We already investigated everything! That Vonn de Vouze traitor family was supposed to be the ambassador for the Werewolves in our kingdom. But they betrayed my great grandfather and wanted the kingdom for themselves!"

I stood there silently gauging all the answers.

"Did you also orchestrated Marissa's attack?" I feel pained at the possibility.

"She shouldn't come in between us, Logan. She should stayed in her kingdom never to come and seduced you! She deserved it!"

"Deserved it? Are you even listening to yourself, Kristina?"

"You are mine! Nobody can come and simply take you away from me!"

"You will not get away with this, Kristina. You won't have me! Not now, not ever!"

"Oh but I will! By the end of this day, you will kneel on my feet! My plan is perfect!"

"If your plan doesn't work, you realized you will die, right? My father's army is ten times stronger and more volume than yours. Don't do this, Kristina."

"We all know when we go through with this, dead is part of the plan. Even if I die, there will always be somebody who will continue what I have worked so hard on."

"To what extend, Kristina?! Until all your family dies? Wiped from the face of the earth? At the lives of the innocence? What, Kristina? What?"

"When one person extracting revenge, two graves must be dug. This is not only for me, but for my family and my people. We are ready to give our life for our cause!"

Just as I was trying to reasoned with her again, I felt pain through out my whole body. The pain was out of this world. I feel like my whole bones were crushed and pulled back all at the same time. The pain was excruciating.

"Are we awakening?" Kristina was beaming.

I can't reply her as I was too deep into the Awakening it was too painful. My brain cannot utter any single syllabus with the pain in my body.

"Looks like it's time." Kristina readied her tools and enchantments.