Part 16

Today was Friday and tomorrow would be my birthday. When the clock strikes 12, I am going to marked Kristina as I promised. It would be a beginning of journey for me as somewhat married woman, or was it a married man? I chuckled at the confusion. Either, I have no problem at all. What bothers me most was if I made the right decision. Marking wasn't something you do for fun. Human marriage can get divorced, wolf's marking stays forever.

"Hey baby." Kristina came from my back and turned me around to wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed me.

"Hey you." I smiled at her after the kiss.

"I can't wait for tonight." Her eyes sparkled as she mentioned it. I can feel her excitement. "I'm going to give you extra special treatment." She whispered seductively to my ear.

At normal circumstances, I'd be turned on right now. Now I can't seems to feel anything. I masked myself and smiled at her. She pulled me closer and kissed me passionately.

"I want tonight to be special. I got a surprised for you." She whispered on my lips. I just nodded at her and smiled.

"I believed you. So should I picked you up at 7?"

"Yes please."

"Okay. Come on, lets get you home." She hold my arms and we walked together to my car.

"Drive something fancy tonight, baby." Kristina requested when we were situated at my car and driving out from the school compound.

"What are your plans here, Krissie?" I smirked at her.

"If I tell you, I have to kill you." She grins playfully.

"Oh, now we've come to that, huh?"

She giggled and kissed my cheek.

"Just kidding, baby. Come on, it's a surprise."

"Fine.. fine. Just don't make it too extreme."

"Oh I won't, baby." There's that sparkle again in her eyes.

This girl actually made me happy. The guilt once again came knocking on my heart.

"Oh Kristina, what did I do to deserve you?" The guilt was suffocating me.

"You've made me the happiest girl in the world, Logan. And in turn, I'm going to be the best wife you'll ever have." She grabbed my hand from the gears.

"Can't wait to call yourself my wife, huh?" I smirked.

"Oh Logan, you have no idea!"

"Yeah well, the reception is going to be five years from now, so hold your horse, okay?"

"It doesn't matter. As long as you're mine forever." She graced her fingernail with my upper thigh going to my sensitive spot. I stopped her hand before she reached it.

"Not now, Krissie." I smiled at her.

"Pfft! You're no sport." She pouted like a 5 year old which was really adorable.

I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"Later, okay? I promised."

"I'm gonna make sure you fulfill that promise tonight, by hook or be crook, Logan." There's a devious glint in her eyes when she said that.

I chuckled and just nodded.

After I dropped her home, I went to visit Brett as I didn't managed to stop by yesterday. When I reached there, I was surprised that there was little to zero guards patrolling the perimeters. Reaching to Brett's ward, I was surprised that it was empty. The guards rushed to my side a second later.