Part 15

I walked into Kristina's room seeing her sleeping. I walked slowly and sit at a chair near her bed. She stirred and opened her eyes.

"Hey baby." She smiled at me.

"Hey there. How are you feelings?"

"I am fine. The lump isn't painful anymore."

"I'm so sorry for that. Goddess, I'm so stupid."

"Hey, hey. It's fine okay? It's not entirely your fault. It was my fault for going there when you're angry." She gave me a sincere smile.

I kissed her forehead to eased my own guilt.

"Had your dinner yet?" I returned her smile.

"Yeah, mom was making spaghetti for dinner just now. How about you?"

"Yeah, had dinner with the entire family."

"Oh Logan. How's your dad? Or should I start calling him just dad now?" She blushed.

Somehow it made me realized Kristina was really looking forward for the marking.

"About that.. well, Krissie. I think you will be turned if I marked you. Will you be okay with that?"

"Oh Logan. I'm looking forward to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't mind being a wolf, I think it's sexy." She purred.

She pulled me towards her and kissed me passionately. Funny because at that right moment I was thinking of that one particular lips with that piercing blue eyes and it's not the one on my lips right now. I feel nothing towards the kiss. No electricity, no heart beats jumping wildly, just nothing.

I pulled away after the kiss and told her that I'll be going home.

"You're not staying the night here, baby?" Kristina pouted.

"I.. I can't. I have something to do at home. Dad's order. I'm sorry." I smiled trying to convinced her.

She pouted but didn't pressed me more about it.

"Okay, but stay until I fell asleep, alright?" She scowled.

"Of course, Krissie." I kissed her forehead. "Sleep now." I tucked her to bed.

"Logan baby..?"

"Hmm?"

"I can't wait for your marking." Her eyes shone under the moonlight from the window.

I just stood there smiling at her as I don't know what to reply at her.

Later that night, I just sat on top of the roof of our apartment complex looking at the sky. I felt the tranquility as billions of stars was shining above me.

It felt relaxing. Soothing my storming heart. I don't know what I'm going to do next. Am I doing the right thing in marking Kristina? I know I should forget about Marissa as she was gone and would never be coming back but I can't stop but feel like I'm betraying her. At the same time I feel guilty towards Kristina for my failure. Failure in keeping my feelings only towards her.

Am I a cheater?

I can't helped but feel disgusted towards myself. I felt a terrible burdened and suffocated at my own dilemma.

I finally realized that I love Marissa. It's a feeling I can't helped. I thought love takes time but now I finally understand that we can fall in love in just a matter of seconds, a matter of circumstance. It only took that one perfect moment to fall in love. That one perfect kiss under the moonlight.

"Your Highness? Are you there?" Luke contacted me via our pack linked. There's strained in his voice.

"Yes Luke, I'm still awake. What is it?"