Part 11

My mood was totally off for the night. Not to mentioned I am feeling antsy for no reason. It was like something big was going to happen and it really doesn't make me feel good. I checked on the current situation with Luke but he assured me all was good on his side. However I still ordered him to send some of our members to patrol the borders and nearby woods.

I decided to cancel the movie and apologized profusely towards Kristina. I sent her home after a little make out and ensuring her all was good. Though I made her promised not to go out any where for tonight just to be safe.

Driving nowhere in particular, I found myself heading to the triplet mansion without realizing it. I don't know what I'm feeling inside but it was definitely wasn't happiness. Especially seeing her with another guy.

Is this jealousy?

I am never a possessive girlfriend. They said wolves were possessive especially the male ones but I don't think I ever felt those. Even with Jessica or my other past lovers. True I never even get the chance to be with Jessica because she didn't gave me any chance and she rejected me. But I'm sure I never felt that much of possessiveness about. But the feelings I have towards Marissa, it's almost the feeling of possessiveness. It really made me confused.

Due to whatever feelings I have just now, I had somehow blurted out to Kristina to marked her after I turned 18. That was always the plan after all. She was ecstatic at the proposal. I on the other hand were not feeling that much happiness.

Am I regretting it?

My thoughts were so jumbled at the moment I need to cleared it away. At least for the time being.

I contemplated on either driving forward nor returning back to where I came from. Finally I decided to just passed through their mansion. I can't figure out my true intention, maybe just making sure Marissa was alright. Then maybe, I am able to return back to my house feeling better I guess.

Marissa. I don't know what it was but it seems like there's always connection between us. Could it be love? What was love any way? Wasn't what I felt with Kristina ought to be called love? I cared deeply for the girl. Then there's Marissa. Even the essence of her pulled me senseless. I never felt this way before. Not even with Jessica, my mate. What could be more powerful than even mate bond can surpassed?

Just as I was driving through the woods, I sensed something totally unusual in the surroundings. Alerting my senses, I smelled blood, lots of it nearby.

This isn't good at all.

I contacted Luke via our pack link but it seems I can't get through.

Something is definitely wrong here.

Pulling over my car at the roadside, I decided to check on the woods. I texted Luke my location and ordered him to send back ups. Opening my car door, that was when the scent of dead overwhelmed me. However, amongst all the smells, I sensed one very familiar scent in the midst of the dead.

Marissa?!

I hurriedly opened up my car trunk and strapped on my waist pair of my Hudson H9. Then I strapped on my shins Nighthawk Custom revolver on each side before making sure pair of my Night Slayer blades are sheathed as well. All my bullets were custom made silver bullets.

Just as I was about to closed the hood of my trunk, I heard that familiar voice howled in pain. I hurriedly shut it closed and ran to the direction. I silently prayed it wasn't someone I thought it was though all the signs were there.

Not far ahead was a clearing and I can't believed what I saw. There were wolves that seems to be surrounding and attacking. There were more than fifty of dead bodies lying on the ground as well. I am not sure if there's unknown war or if all these were fallen comrades.

The sound of whimpering and the strong smell of that one familiar scent alerted me and without second thought I took out both my Hudson and fired at the wolves in front of me. Unaware of my presence, the wolves fell into chaos and some were actually panicking. I fired and cleared all the wolves in front of me making my way to the front. Ran out of bullets for my Hudson, I took out my revolver and fired away. More wolves fell until i ran out of all my ammo.

As the front of me was cleared, what awaits there totally broke my heart. Lying lifeless was Marissa with a blade stabbed through her chest. She was badly injured with tore fleshes and blood oozing everywhere.

"You are one uninvited party crasher, don't you know that girl?" A guy with a brown leather jacket standing in front of Marissa spoke. I got the idea he was the one who killed her. Anger coursed through me unlike any other. I can feel it in my veins the thirst for blood and soul I have never felt before.

"You came into my land and dared say that to me? Come. Taste my wrath." I looked him dead in the eye.

The guy must have seen something in my eyes as I saw him shivered and fear marred his face. I unsheathed my Night Slayer knife and turned it into the blade state. I have shot more than half of them earlier however those that left were all the powerful ones. There were twenty or thirty of them left including the leather jacket guy. I assumed their leader. They were all shifted except for the guy. Their wolves were around 5 feet tall which proved they're the much stronger wolves.

Without waiting, I pounced the nearest wolf with my blade. It tore through their flesh from their skull through their heart. The other wolves howled and attacked me all at once. I welcome it with open arms and open blade. My face was emotionless and I somehow feel death inside. I let this thirst took over and stabbed and sliced whomever came my way.

I sensed a sword stabbing my way and I quickly deflected it. Looking up, I saw the leader was holding the sword he used to stabbed Marissa. The sword was coated with her blood and that intensified my rage. Roaring, I slaughtered the last three remaining werewolves in one swing before facing him. Night Slayer blades was a special blade that was really sharp. My great grandfather forged it specially to be able to kill any type of night children.

"There's no way out. It's time you die." I looked him dead in the eye. I can sensed Luke and my other pack members coming really close.

He chuckled and gave me a smug grin.

"You think I come here unprepared?" He chuckled evilly.

He twisted his body and spun three times before raining me with knives. I used my blades to deflect all the knives. Three succeeded in piercing me although not on my vital areas. It was silver knives and it was painful though my rage surpassed the pain. I charged at him but what I saw in front of me surprised me.

He just.... disappeared?

I spun around but no sign of the guy. Not even any of his scent left. Come to think about it, he doesn't have wolf's scent. His was like a normal human, with something off. An unusual scent.

What is he?

Sheathing my knives, I went to check on Marissa. She was badly injured with lots of wounds on her body.

Oh Marissa.

"Logan? Your highness? Can you here me?" Luke communicated with me via our pack link. With him gone, the communication was back to normal.

"Yeah, I am fine. Marissa is not, unfortunately. I can't feel any pulse." I told him grimly. "Secure the area and investigate everything. I wanna know why they came, where they come from and who they are. Clean up after. I'm going ahead to the Western Royal mansion to send Marissa."

"Roger that, your highness."

I picked her up and ran towards their mansion.

"And Logan....."

"Yeah?"

"Be careful!"