|33|

Is there no way out of the mind? 

-Slyvia Plath

***

I close my eyes in silent defeat as the front door slams open.

Revealing Jay and Atlas.

It takes them a second, within their haze of anger, to register that I am tied up, with Daisy sitting across from me.

There is a stunned silence between us before Jay turns to Daisy, "What did you do?"

Daisy shakes her head, holding her hands up in defense, "She was running away. I stopped her."

Jay's eyes glare down at me.

"Why Lexie. I thought you were better." Daisy flinches at that but she remains composed.

I say nothing. Nothing as I continue to stare at them.

I'm not really there.

Not really.

I've escaped.

I'm picturing what my next painting will be.

Maybe the night sky.

But I've already painted it so many times.

Or the sun.

I've always admired the sun.

Wolfs live by the moon and it's goddess. But I love the sun.

"Lexie."

His voice brings me back to my cruel reality as I look up into his dark features.

Daisy stands and lets him occupy her chair as he scoots it closer, until our knees are touching.

"Lexie please talk to me."

Nothing.

I don't say anything.

"Maybe we should let her go...she's shaking." Daisy's concerned voice fills my head as I realize she is right.

I am shaking.

"She's not going anywhere untils she talks."

"Please Atlas. She's scared. There is something you did that scared her just-,"

Atlas roars. I jump from the noise of the crash as he grabs the table and flips it over.

"Atlas."

Jay's voice holds the old power of his past leadership as Alpha.

Atlas pauses, his breath heavy as he stares in silent defeat at Jay.

"Atlas calm down."

"Tell her to be quiet then," Atlas's eyes glare into Daisy as she looks away.

Jay's growl fills the room.

But Atlas's eyes gleam, "Don't test me father. I've defeated you already. I can do it again."

Jay bares his teeth at Atlas, the two glaring at each other until Daisy steps in the middle of it.

"Stop. Both of you. This isn't the issue right now."

Jay and Atlas stop as they turn their attention back to me.

But i'm gone.

My head is bowed in defeat.

Not submission.

Defeat.

"She won't talk right now. Let's try again in the morning Atlas."

Jay pauses, his eyes confused, "I don't know if we should untie her..."

"Leave her. "

I almost flinch from the anger in Atlas's voice.

"I won't...I won't have her leave me."

I sob then.

All three set of eyes stare at me as they watch the tears fall from my face.

"Lexie," Atlas's voice sounds pained, as he reaches up and tries to capture one of my falling sorrows.

I flinch from the contact though.

The feel of skin against skin.

His gaze goes dark as he slowly backs away.

"We'll try again in the morning."

*wiggles eyebrows*

*wiggles eyebrows*

So, many of you *glares at readers* made me feel really bad about not doing daily updates....So here's a double update for you guys to appease those demons until Friday (like, please enough with the threats 0.0 I am honestly fearing for my life here, so put down the pitchforks and torches...)

Until Next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////