|54|

You can't go back and change the beginning, 

but you can start where you are

and change the ending. 

~C.S. Lewis

***

I awake to an empty bed. And a note.

I eagerly grab it.

I loved Atlas's poetry.

I frown at the word on the bottom

A location.

Sighing I get up and put on my white winter jacket and jeans, adorned with red winter boots. It was still cold outside, but the warmth was slowly spreading.

The pack house was clear- wolves staying in since it was the weekend.

Sandra waves at me, her same smile on her face as she tosses a breakfast bar my way.

I grab it from the air, and wave my thanks, as I walk out the door.

I sigh as I take in the chilly morning.

Another cold front. But this time it wasn't so bad.

I walk towards the clinic, curious as to what this scavenger hunt will bring.

I finally am able to see the building. Already I see a faint white on the door. Getting closer I smile when I realize it's another note.

 Getting closer I smile when I realize it's another note

"Really?"

I sigh in frustration as I look back down the road. Atlas had better not be watching this. Making me walk to the Clinic, only to turn around and head back to the pack house.

I shake my head but press on, my curiosity getting the better of me.

I could ignore them and just go to our room and paint.

But Atlas had taken the time to put these notes up.

Reaching the pack house I make my way around to the back and sigh when I see the white paper that is taped to the steps.