|51|

I want to apologize to all the 

women

I have called pretty 

before I've called them intelligent or brave. 

~rupi kaur

*** 

Daisy sits on the back porch with me.

She looks at the rocking chairs, taking them in.

"Something wrong?"

Tearing her gaze away she smiles and shakes her head.

I sigh and lean back, looking at the clouds.

Daisy looks up with me.

"Atlas told me you had a fascination with clouds."

I look at Daisy, surprise clear in my voice, "Atlas told you that?"

Daisy reaches her hand up, so similar to the many times that I've extended my own arm towards the clouds.

"Yes," she whispers, bringing her hand back down and examining it.

Her eyes land upon my paint-stained hands.

"Why do you keep the paint on your hands?"

I look down and stare also at my hands.

"I know. About what you hide underneath. But you don't have to hide them anymore."
I want to ask her how she knows but the better part of me lets it go.

In the end, it didn't matter.

"I don't think I can stop," I admit, "I think they offer some comfort to me. I just...I feel safe with them on."

Daisy looks out into the woods that line the backyard. She sighs and shakes her head.

"Atlas told me about the clouds. He...he opened up to me." Daisy's amazed eyes reach mine.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way but...it's because of you."

I lean my head to the side, "How?"

"He...he told me he forgave me for everything because I saved you. He said because I did that, I saved him as well. And then he just opened up."

I laugh at Daisy's exasperated expression.

"I think Daisy, he's wanted to for a long time. But he needed a reason."

Daisy gives a frustrated sigh, "Us and our stubborn males."

I laugh with her, feeling relaxed suddenly as the blue pushes along their white carriages up above.

"You did though," I say, glancing at her before looking away, "You did save me."

Daisy smiles, "I think, in a way, you saved me also Lexie."

I shake my head, "This is too mushy."

"Very mushy," Daisy agrees.

I pause and look at her, "The funerals are tomorrow."

She looks at her hands again. I see her eyes water, but her tears stay at bay.

"Jackson was an amazing wolf. I knew him since I first arrived at this pack. He treated me well. And he respected Jay. Jay is...he is very sad with him gone."

I look up at the sky. Reflecting back to Sara. She was too young. She hadn't even met her mate yet. Had not experienced the different opportunities and emotions that life brought.

Run Luna.

"As Luna, it's your duty to be there."

I nod.

"I know."

Daisy reaches for my hand. I let her take it. She traces the lines of red.

It's a color I've been using in my paintings lately.

"Are you ready to be Luna?"

I look at Daisy, taking in her dark blue eyes.

"I was never Luna. So I don't have any advice to give to you. But....if you have Atlas...I know you'll be fine."

I smile and nod.

If I had Atlas- I would be fine. 

My loves

My loves. I have to inform you that this will be the last week for updates. So brace yourself. 

Also. Referring back to the featured quote for this chapter- 

You are intelligent. 

You are brave. 

And this applies to everyone- male, female and anything else that you choose to be. 

Thank you ♥

Until next time, 

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////