Preparing for Catastrophe

July 4, 7 P.M.

Selene Moon smirked at Elio. It gave him the chills. She said,"You know... I don't think you would want me to kiss a tree anyways judging by your emotional face."

Elio laughed nervously,"Uhm no.."

"I guess I'll kiss something else."

"L-Like what?"

Selene scanned her surroundings but her eyes keep laying on something which caused Elio to go pink. She took a big step closer to him. Getting red. She giggled a bit at his surprised face. Bright red. The female leaned towards him. Brighter cheeks. Her lips pressed onto his right cheek. After two seconds, Selene hastily pulled away. She kissed Elio on the cheek.

"W-What was that for? Didn't you hate me..?" asked Elio, who was blushing.

"I don't hate-hate you.." admitted Selene.

"Well, uh, thank you.."

"To be honest, I had second thoughts.."
(A/N: I was going to have her kiss the sand in the beginning XD)

Elio bit his lip,"Uh... um yeah.."

"Do you like-like me, Eli..?"

He hesitated but muttered,"Maybe.."

"Hilda said you did."

"Hilda!"

"Yup, I don't know where she got that from," she lied.

"Um okay.."

While Elio Sun was blushing like crazy, Selene gracefully took his burning hand and skipped all the way home.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

July 5, 3 A.M.

He wanted to get out.

He wanted to see the sun again.

He wanted to see his father and sister.

He wanted to see the Successor...

Gladion furiously ripped the note that he found in Korrina's room that Wicke wrote to her. She was gone anyways. Inside, he wanted to die. He wanted to put curses on everyone. No. He couldn't. He wanted to, but he couldn't.

Hot tears poured out of him. Where was Lillie? Where was his beloved father? Where was everyone? Of course, everyone is under the beautiful sunlight except for him! And where was he?

Locked up. I'm locked up, he thought.

Gladion walked into the elevator and typed in the level that contained his lab. The elevator accelerated at high speeds as it went down. He wanted to research something. He avoided the grunts and most importantly, his mother. Gladion ran into his lab, only to find Dr. Faba.

"What're you doing here?"

"Calm down, child." said Faba. "The president gave me your lab.."

"What?!" shouted Gladion.

"You heard me."

"Grrr! You already have a lab! This one's smaller than yours!"

"Gladion, this is part of my lab. I'm adding a tunnel."

"Tell the president that this is my lab."

"Well I cannot possibly do that."

"What's this?" Gladion asked. He spotted a drawing of an unknown creature on one of the tables.