At the Peak

July 10, 6 A.M.

It had been days since Elio had been hit and put in a coma. Selene decided to keep collecting Zygarde Cells with Haina. The two roamed around Ula'ula Island for a bit. They traveled by boat.

"So, how's Elio—?"

Haina noticed Selene's blank face,"He's... in a coma and in the hospital.."

"Oh my gosh, what happened?"

"Solgaleo's Flash Cannon hit him on the Altar of Sunne."

"Selene, cheer up. I'm sure he'll wake up... Anyways, I see how you treat him.."

"What do you mean?"

Haina giggled,"You like him."

"No!"

"Hey, no denying in front of me. Even when you hate him, there's always a part of you that loves him."

"How do you get that?"

"Your actions and faces, silly!"

"I-Is it that obvious?"

"At least to me."

"Phew.."

"Selene, how about we visit him afterwards if that's possible?"

"Um sure."

"Now mate! Let's get these cells to get in our cubes!"

She smiled for the first time ever since the incident,"Yeah!"

Collecting 40 cells was much much harder. Before, they went to easy places. Now they had to go to ones that were either remote or hard to get to.

"Haina Desert?"

"There's a desert named that?!"

Selene giggled,"Guess so."

"There are strong signals over there so.. why not?"

"Yeah, I agree."

The two ran off towards the desert's location. Selene and Haina heard a scream in that direction. They agreed to try to find the location of it. In a matter of seconds, they found the source. It was Ailey.

"Ailey?!"

"Haina! Selene! R-Ray..."

"Where's Ray?"

"He's gone! I-I don't know what happened to him!" she cried. "He just disappeared!"

"Ailey, where did you last see him?"

"H-Here.."

Selene gave Haina a look and signaled her to the desert,"Could he be?"

"Let's search in the desert."

"By the way Ailey," said Selene. "Is that the only reason you screamed?"

"No... I thought I saw Ray fall.. He's been acting weird ever since..."

"Ever since what?"

"Ever since he talked with Colress two days ago.."

"What has he been doing?"

"Ray's been.. ignoring me.... I think he hates me now. He never ignores anybody! He's the most kindhearted person I've ever known! Sometimes I wonder if Colress brainwashed him or something.."

"Possibly," replied Selene, making Ailey shiver and frown even more. "Oh I-!"

"It's okay... I must know the truth... because now he isn't here.."