A New Mask

July 12, 12 P.M.

Fiona struggled to climb up the hill where Selene was hit. Korrina wasted no time to swiftly skate up the structure. Dawn ordered Giratina to follow Korrina. Cynthia prepared her Spiritomb to fight the Necrozma while Steven suddenly appeared, sitting on his floating Metagross.

"Why Steven," Cynthia said. "Didn't know you were coming."

"Hm, I thought you could've needed my help." he replied.

"Very funny, Steven."

Both former champions ran towards the hill as Ailey used her knowledge of herbs to cure Selene. Ray managed to calm down the Necrozma by trying to catch it.

"Go Beast Ball!"

Haina grabbed his arm from throwing the Beast Ball and said, "Necrozma is not an Ultra Beast."

Ray raised an eyebrow, "But wasn't it the one who opened Ultra Space to all of Alola?"

"Just because it opened a door, it doesn't mean it's part of the group behind that door."

Lillie shouted suddenly, "Then maybe it's trying to tell us something by coming into this world! This Pokémon World!"

"But why attacking us?"

Haina shook her head, "Maybe Lillie's right. We were attacking it first of all."

Ailey gritted her teeth, "What if Selene hears this?! She's going to be very angry because Elio's literally dead. We only used him because we believed Necrozma and these Ultra Beasts were meant to harm us all!"

"So you mean maybe Ultra Beasts are trying to tell us something too?"

"Why else, Ray?! They don't even like this world!"

All fell into silence when steps could be heard. They were hard and loud. They sounded like high heels. Lillie was the first to turn around. "Mother?!"

Lusamine raised her eyebrows, "I didn't expect you here, Lillie."

"Neither did I."

"Oh Lillie, please move out of the way."

"I've been this mean and stupid Lizzie forever and you never changed! I hid my face the best I could and you didn't try to find me! You're the worst mother ever!"

Korrina skated in front of Lillie, "Wanna battle, prez?"

"If I win, you better catch that Nihilego for me!"

"Go, Lucario!"

"Clefable!"

Korrina flipped and twisted her left hand. She dragged her left hand and palmed her Key Stone, "Mega Evolve, Lucario!"

"Clefable! Prevent it using Moonblast!"

The Mega Evolution Aura surrounding Lucario pushed the Moonblast back towards Clefable and at a dumbfounded Lusamine. "Now Mega Lucario! Use Flash Cannon!"

"Clefable! Cosmic Power!"

With Cosmic Power hitting the Lucario and Clefable being attacked by Flash Cannon caused the two to fall back dramatically. Lucario fell on top of
Korrina which caused everybody to gasp.

"Korrina, we'll help you!" shouted Lillie.

Feebly, she shook her head. "This is my battle, Lillie. But thank you."

Korrina's ponytail became loose and she gained two wounds from Lucario's spikes. (A/N: Y U STEEL TYPE?!)

An iota of sand could each be found under the gym leader's fingernails. Gritting her teeth, she scratched soft sand and screamed, "Lucario! Use Flash Cannon and right away!"