Prologue

The year was 1976 in December, in Hawkins, Indiana. Close to Christmas. The time was night, a strong snowstorm had taken place. It was at the Hawkins laboratory. In the laboratory were scientists, though some people called them bad men. A group of scientists and doctors walked down a hallway, to the room 006A. In that room was a child.
When the men had come to the room, a doctor took out a key. This man was Martin Brenner. He unlocked, and opened the door slowly, looking inside. There was a girl, no older than ten.
The doctors went inside. Dr. Brenner spoke up. "Hello, young lady." He said. The girl looked at him. "Doctor Evans told me about you. Your...Abilities." The girl gave a nervous look. "They deserved it." She said quietly.
"You are referring to your fight at your school?" Brenner asked. The girl nodded. "It was dangerous, you know." Brenner said. The girl looked at Brenner and the other doctors, an angered look on her face.
"You took me from my family." She said. Brenner nodded. "It had to be done. We have to keep you safe." He said. He held put his hand. He knew Doctor Evans wasn't kind to the girl. Brenner thought he would try something different. "My name is Doctor Martin Brenner." He said. "What is yours?" The girl looked at Brenner's hand, and shook it. "Adrienne." She said. Brenner smiled. "Your real name, my dear." Adrienne rolled up her sleeve. There were the numbers 006. "Six." She said.