Pain

Will was still drowsy when he woke up. He forgot about the fight at the junkyard. But as he began to open his eyes, he remembered what had happened. He was fighting Adrienne, and suddenly felt tired, passing out.

Will looked around, to see he was tied to a chair. He looked in front of him, to see Adrienne writing on a notebook. There were other people around her. Adrienne turned her head to look at Will, and smiled. "Ah, I see you're awake." She said. She walked forward to him. "William Byers. You are incredible. You survived the other side, and survived a possession. You would make a great member of the team." Will looked at her in disbelief. "The team? Is this what this is? Geez, you're insane." He said to her. Adrienne laughed. "You think I'm the villain of the story? No. I want to help you, William." Will tried to get out of his ropes, but Adrienne stopped him. "Oh, that's not necessary." She said. "Don't struggle. Or there will be pain." Will kept struggling. "Try me." He said.

Adrienne stood where she was, smiling. "Oh, not the physical pain you may think of." She said. "Emotional pain. Axel, bring her in." A man entered the room, keeping his grip on someone's shoulder. Winter. She looked frightened, and confused. Will saw her. "Winter! What are you doing here?" He asked. "Oh, she watched us fight, and had an idea where we were, for she's been here before." Adrienne gave Winter a smile, and Winter gave her an angry look. "You refused my note, didn't you?" Adrienne asked. Winter looked at Will. "Let him go." She said. "Take me, do whatever you want. Please, just don't hurt him." Adrienne silently laughed. "Well, that was the point of this." She said.

Adrienne looked back at Will. "She cannot teleport, because I have installed something from the outside. A strong electrical force. Like the one that was built in the lab." She explained. "I knew she would come one day, and I wouldn't want her to escape. That's how she couldn't escape the lab." "Where did you get all the equipment?" Will asked. Adrienne looked at him. "Well, I stole some things from the lab. Nobody noticed. I can get out of situations pretty quickly." She said. Then, she had an uncomfortable look. "That was the day I... Nevermind." She said, shaking her head.

Will looked at Winter, seeing an apoligetic look on her face. She seemed she was going to say something, but she was suddenly thrown into the air, screaming. Adrienne was using her telekenesis. "Tell me Winter, why did you choose him over me?" She asked. "Because he's not a murderer like you!" Winter yelled.

Winter flew towards Adrienne. Her eyes glowing red. Winter kept her eyes shut. "Look into my eyes, Winter." Adrienne said. Winter kept her eyes shut. Adrienne was impatient. "Oh, come on. This is how it's going to be played? Not even a little peek?"

Winter kept her eyes shut tight. But, her curiosity took over her. Winter slowly opened her eyes, then both were wide opened. She was being Hypnotized. "Kali," Adrienne yelled out. "Let's show Byers what we did to the policeman." She said.

Kali had walked from another room. Will noticed her eyes were glowing red. He noticed something. The ring on Adrirnne's finger, had a jewel glowing red. He put two and two together.

"Tell me Winter," Adrienne said to Winter, still floating in the air. "What scares you the most?" Adrienne absorbed the memories from Winters head, and brought them to Kali. Kali looked at Winter, and focused.

Suddenly, Winter was screaming. "No, No, No! Please, make it stop! Noo!" Will couldn't see her like this. "Stop it!" Will yelled. Adrienne looked at him. "Do what I say, or the torture will continue to her until she is dead, and the same will happen to you." Will thought about this. "Okay, okay." He said. "Just, let her go." Adrienne smiled.

Winter suddenly stopped screaming. She was gently lowered to the ground, but there was hate in her eyes as she looked at Adrienne. Will struggled to get out of his ropes, but one of the gang members had cut the ropes with a pocket knife. Will ran to Winter, and they embraced each other.

"Will," Winter said. "Will, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Will held her close. Winter began to cry. "I wanted to help you. But... I was being stupid, and the power was turned on so quickly, and..." "Shh. It's alright." Will said to her in a comforting voice. He looked at her, and he began crying too. "Listen, I want you to go back to Hawkins, and..." Will was grabbed with full strength by two hands, drug away from Winter.

Adrienne walked towards Winter, smiling. "We could have used you." She said. "Unfortunatly, there is only one room for a girl with teleportation." Then, Winter was flows into the air again, then to Adrienne's face, where they locked eyes. Winters eyes had turned red. Kali had walked behind Adrienne. Then, Winter began screaming again.

"You said you would stop if I agreed!" Will yelled at Adrienne. She smiled. "I lied, William. I'm pretty good at that." Wills eyes turned light blue, and his hair turned white. The room suddenly became very cold. Then, Adrienne looked at Will, and a dark mass had flown out of her hand, and down Wills throat. It was like the Mind Flayer all over again. Will had fallen to the ground, shaking. Adrienne walked towards him. "Now Byers, rise." She said.

Will stopped twitching. Then, he got up. His eyes were shining bright red. Winter was still in the air, screaming. Adrienne looked at her. "I think that's enough, Kali." She said. Winter fell to the ground, twitching. "We used more power on her then we used in Hopper. She'll probably be dead in an hour. She's being torn apart, from the inside." Adrienne explained.

Everyone  had left out of the area, except for Kali. Adrienne had not been focused on her for a while, she was free from the posession. But for just a short time. Kali found an empty duffle bag, and quickly hid the shaking Winter inside. Once the bag was zipped up, Kali's eyes turned red again, back under Adrienne's control. Kali went to the van with the bag. Though she was under Adrienne's control, in her mind, she knew Jane could help.