The Snowstorm

It was evening. Will was in his bedroom, listening to a mixtape Jonathan had made him. 1985 was the year 'Tears for Fears' released a few songs. Will wasn't the biggest fan of the band. Somehow, 'Shout' found its way onto the mixtape. Will was a little bit annoyed, because he heard that song on the radio almost everyday. But listened to it anyways.

Joyce entered his room. "I'm going to check up on El." She said. Will nodded. "Alright." He said. Joyce smiled, and left. Will waited until he heard her close the door, and drive the car away, until he got up. He needed to test something.

Will went to Jonathans room, to see him laying on his bed, listening to music as well. Will knocked on his door. Jonathan looked up, and smiled, putting his headset down. "What's up?" He asked. "I need to show you something." Will said. Jonathan got up. Will went to the kitchen, and got a glass of water. Then, he went outside. Jonathan was confused, but followed.

Jonathan followed Will outside, to see Will traveling into the woods. Jonathan was confused, and sped up to Will. "Will, it's dark out." Jonathan said. Will looked up at him. "So?" He asked. Jonathan looked at Will. This was bringing back memories to him. That night Will went missing. Jonathan nodded. "Sorry, flashbacks." He said. Will smiled. "Hey, don't worry. Nothings going to take me. Never again." Will said. Jonathan nodded. "Now come on. I need to show you something."

As Will and Jonathan walked through the forest, it took around 15 minutes to go to the place that made Jonathan feel a little bit sick. It was the local quarry, where Will was said to be dragged out of, said to be dead. Will looked at Jonathan, his face gone pale. "Flashbacks again?" He asked. Jonathan nodded. Will looked up at his brother. They cared so much about each other. It must have been terrible for Jonathan to believe Will drowned. "It's okay. I'm here." Will said. Jonathan nodded, and slowly followed Will.

Will set the glass of water on the ground, and looked at Jonathan. "Promise you won't tell Mom?" He asked. Jonathan was confused, but nodded. "I promise." He said. Will kept his hand on the water. Will was concentrating. Jonathan was confused. Then, he saw the water in the glass turn to solid ice. Jonathan was stunned. "How... What?" Will grinned. "Weird, huh?" He said. "I woke up one night like this. I froze a glass of water, and found snow on my bed." He explained to Jonathan. "Oh, I can also do this." Will made his hair turn white. Jonathan was still stunned. "How... How did this happen?" He asked. "My theory is, the shadow monster liked a cold environment. But, even when you got it out of me, some of its power was still in me. And now, I have the power to control the cold." Will said. Will picked up a nearby rock, and held it in his hand. He froze it. "Another thing, I think I can make it snow based on an emotion. Because that night, I had a nightmare I was tied to a bed, with heat everywhere, and I was trying to kill Mom. Then, I woke up, feeling scared." Will explained.

Jonathan still didn't know what to say. Will picked up a big rock, and threw it at the frozen water. It smased open of course. Will walked to the open area in the ice, and layed his hands in the water. He concentrated, and the water froze back up to ice.

Finally, Jonathan spoke up. "You were right to turn to me first." He said. "Now, you think you can make it snow based on your emotions?" He asked. Will nodded. "Okay," Jonathan said. "I want you to think of something. It can be happy, it can be angry, it can be sad, something that makes your emotions powerful." He said. Will nodded, closed his eyes, and focused. He thought of the emotion that made snow appear first. Fear. He thought of when he was in the Upside Down, and the Shadow Monster caught him.

Suddenly, Jonathan saw it was snowing, but only around Will. He was smiling. "Will, it's working!" He said. Will opened his eyes, and gasped. The snow stopped, and fell to the ground. "That's incredible. Okay, try again. But this time, try and make it bigger. Like a storm." Jonathan said. Will focused again. He thought of something happy. He thought of when he was back home from the Upside Down, waking up in the hospital, and saw Joyce and Jonathan looking at him, smiling. He then thought of his friends running in, hugging him. Suddenly, a little snow around Will went all the way to Jonathan, and left the area around them. It was getting larger and larger, going around the whole town.

Joyces P.O.V
As Joyce was driving up to Hoppers cabin, she saw a few snowflakes hitting her car. This was unexpecting. She didn't hear news about any snow that night. Then a few flakes turned into many, bigger flakes. She couldn't even see where she was driving. She stopped her car, snowflakes piling up on the cars window.

Mikes P.O.V
Mike was in his bedroom, when he saw it was snowing outside. Suddenly, larger flakes came down, piling on top of the driveway, even covering his window. He was amazed, but also extremely confused. This never happend before.

Will and Jonathans P.O.V
Jonathan was laughing at how much snow was coming down. They were piling on top of eachother, snow was now covering his feet. He looked at Will, who was controling it all, and his hair was as white as the snow around. His eyes were closed, focusing. Jonathan ran forward to shake him. Will opened his eyes, which were glowing blue. The snow stopped, and Wills eyes were back to normal. Jonathan was smiling. "That was awesome!" Jonathan said. Will started smiling. "Wow, did I do all this?" He asked. "You sure did!" Jonathan said. He looked at Will. "I don't know if this was meant to be a gift or a curse, but this is the coolest thing that could ever happen." He told Will.

The boys walked back to their home, stepping through snow, talking about what else Will could do. "You can make it snow in." Jonathan said. Will smiled. As they got back to their house, they went back to their rooms. But before Jonathan shut his door, he looked at Will. "I swear, I won't tell Mom, or anyone. Until you're ready." He said. Will smiled.

Will was about to turn his music back on, when he heard knocking at his window. He looked at his window, to see Winter waving and smiling. Will smiled, and opened his window. Winter climbed in. "That was quite s how you put on." She said. Will chuckled. "You saw?" He asked. "Sure did." Winter said. "Why didn't you tell me you had powers?" She asked. "I told you mine." Will looked a bit nervous. "I didn't want to freak you out." He said. Winter held his hand. "We're both freaks." She said. Will smiled. Then, there was a knock at his door. Will turned to Winter to tell her to hide, but he saw she was gone. He looked around, but heard another knock. Will went for the door. Jonathan was there, looking suspicious. "Were you just talking to someone?" He asked. "Me? No." Will said. Jonathan still looked suspicious, but let it go. "Sorry, must be hearing things." He said, shutting the door. Will turned around to see Winter standing there. "Like I said, teleportation." She whispered. Will smiled, and Winter disappeared. Probably back to Castle Byers.