Hoppers news

Hopper was at the police station the next day. He was playing cards with his partners, Powell and Callahan. "You know chief, you've been a bit quiet this year." Powell said. Hopper gave him a look. "I have, huh?" Hopper asked. Callahan nodded as well. "Yeah. It's like you're hiding something from us." Hopper set his cards down. "Alright guys, ask me anything." He said. Powell and Callahan looked at eachother. Then, Powell spoke up. "Where were you exactly for a few days last year? Joyce Byers kept calling." He asked. Hopper knew Powell was talking about the time he fell down the hole, and was caught by those vines. "I told you this already. I got lost in the woods, and got sick." Hopper said. Then, Callahan spoke up. "What ever happened to you and Joyce Byers? I know you've been pretty close." He asked. Hopper looked annoyed. "Okay, that's personal." He said. Then, Hoppers secretary came in. "Visitor, Hop." She said.

An older man entered the station, carring a brief case. "Jim Hopper?" He asked. Hopper nodded. The man held out his hand. "Andrew Ford." He said. Hopper shook it. Ford looked at Powell and Callahan. "Um, is there somewhere we can speak in private?" He asked. Hopper nodded. "My office would do." He said.  And he got up, and he and Ford walked into his office. Hopper sat in his chair. "Something wrong, Mr. Ford?" He asked. Ford nodded. "Oh, no. I don't have a case for you. I actually have news to give." He said. "Tell me, you are Liam Hoppers son, are you?" He asked. Hopper thought he wouldn't have heard that name again. Liam Hopper. That was indeed his father, who he had not seen in such a long time. "I am." He said. Ford nodded.

"As you may have known, your father was a professor for English at NYU." He said. Hopper was confused. "No, sir. I never heard of that." He said. Ford looked surprised. "We, uh, never really stayed in contact after... What's up with him?" Hopper asked. Ford shook his head. "I really have no idea. I worked with him at the University. We became good friends." He said. "But one day, he never showed up to classes to teach. It went on for a few more days, I got nervous. So I went to his apartment to find the door was unlocked, and it was trashed." Ford explained. Hopper was shocked. "What are you telling me?" Hopper asked. "I'm saying, your father may have been kidnapped." Ford said. Hopper couldn't believe waht he was hearing. His father, who he hadn't spoken to in almost twenty years, was now missing. "Did you contact tne police in that area?" He asked Ford. Ford nodded. "Yeah. They say their investigating. But hadn't found any signs of Liam yet." He said. "I just wanted to come down to Hawkins to let you know." He said. Ford got up from his chair, and found his way to the door. "Good day." He said.

Hopper couldn't believe what he had heard. His father might have been kidnapped. He loked at the photo to his left on the desk. It was a photo of him and his family when he was younger. Him, his mother, and father. If only his mother had still been around, and not have passed away when Hopper was Eighteen. That was one of the things that kept Hopper and his Father from talking to each other. Since his mother passed, his father didn't want to talk to him. Hopper knew he and his father didn't have the best relationship. But family was the most important thing in the world. And Hopper knew he had to find his Dad.

Hopper left his police station, and went back to Powell and Callahan. "Okay guys, I need you to cover for me for about two weeks." He said. "What's going on, chief?" Powell asked. "Family emergency." Hopper said. And he left the police station, to his truck. He needed to go somewhere first.

Hopper drove to Joyces house, and knocked on the door. Jonathan answered it. "Hey Hopper. Everything alright?" He asked. "Uh, yeah. Everythings fine, kid. Is Joyce home?" He asked. Jonathan nodded. And before he was going to call for Joyce, she ran right to the front door. "Hey Hopper. Everything alright?" She asked. "Joyce, I need to go to New York for a few days. My... My Dads gone missing." He said.

Joyce looked shocked. She remembered when she was a kid, she knew Mr. and Mrs. Hopper. Mr. Hopper was always a nice man. But when his wife died, he changed. And moved away a few years after Jim left. "I'm sorry, Hop." She said. Hopper nodded. "I'm going to see if everythings okay." He said. "Listen, I just need you to check on El a few days while I'm gone. Can you do that?" He asked. Joyce nodded. "Sure. Of course." She said. Hopper smiled. "Thanks." He said. And went back to his truck.

Hopper drove up to the cabin, and entered. El wasn't in the living room. He checked her own room. She was asleep. She must have had a rough night. Hopper saw there was a piece of paper by her bed. He was about to pick it up, but ignored it.

Hopper went back into the living room, and got a piece of paper, and a pen. He wrote a note, explaining to El that he would be gone for a few days. He left the cabin, and was going to go back to has trailer to pack up a few bags. He knew it may take a while to find where his father was. So he needed to pack whatever he needed to go to New York, somewhere he never thought he would go to, ever again.