The Warning

It was 11:00 in Hawkins. Mike was asleep in his room. He was dreaming. He was riding his bike, with El behind him. They were going down a sidewalk, when the setting suddenly changed. El and the bike disappeared, and the setting became very dark. He was in an isolated town.

Mike immediatly started running forward, looking for El. Then, he heard crying behind her. Mike turned around, to see El, curled on the ground, crying. He walked over to her, grabbing her hand. "El, what's wrong?" He asked. El looked up at him, a look of sadness and guilt in her face. "I'm so... Sorry." She said.

Mike looked behind him, to see a grusome sight. Lying on the street, were Hopper, Nancy, and Will. They were dead, with a look of terror still on their faces. Mike felt something terrible in his stomach. He knelt over Nancy, looking at her. Then, looked at Hopper. He saw his gun. Mike looked back at El. "Did you do this?" He asked. El nodded. Mike looked at Hoppers gun again, and took it. He knew it was loaded. He looked at El. It would pain him, but he knew it was the only way to save her, and many others. He pointed the gun at her. Fear came to her face, and Mike pulled the trigger. He heard a bang, then nothing.

"Mike? Mike!" Mike woke up, breathing deeply. He looked to his right. Nancy was crouching over his bed, her hands on his shoulders. "You were making noises. Are you okay?" She asked. Mike looked at her. She was still alive. He hugged her. Nancy was surprised. "It was terrible, Nance." He said. "You were dead, along with Hopper and Will. And... Eleven killed you." Nancy was shocked. When Mike let go, she looked at him. "El did it?" She asked. Mike nodded. "Was there anything else?" She asked. Mike spoke up, but his voice became shaky. "I... I had to... Kill her." He said. Nancy couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Was there something that made you dream this?" She asked. Mike nodded. "El told me she was struggling with her Ego."

Nancy looked at him. She never heard Mike talk about anybody like he talked about El. She could tell he cared very much about her. "You might need to talk to her. In person." Nancy said. "How? Hopper would never let me in." He said. Nancy nodded. "True. But he's gone this week." She said. Mike looked at her. "For what?" He asked. "Family business, I heard." She said. "I'm not saying it's a good idea, but whenever Steve wanted to talk to me, he snuck through my window." She said. Mike grinned. "I know. I saw once." Nancy smiled, and chuckled. But Mike shook his head. "There is another way to talk to her though." He said.

Mike looked under his bed, grabbing his radio. Nancy tried putting two and two together. "El got her own radio?" She asked. Mike shook his head. "Something else." He said. He flipped to a certain channel, and talked imto it. "El? Are you there?" He asked the radio. He tried again. "Sorry. I... I had a bad dream. I was just wondering if you wanted to talk." He said. He and Nancy waited for a response. Mike sighed, about to set it down, when noise came from the radio. "Mike..." It was El's voice. Mike picked it up. "El?" He said. "Yeah. It's... It's me." She said. Mike and Nancy smiled. "Hi Nancy." El said. Nancy was confused. She grabbed the radio. "How did you know I was here?" She asked. They heard El giggle. "I can see you." El said. Nancy was amazed. "How?" She asked. "I just can. If I hold onto a TV or something, I can talk to you through a radio, and I can see you. But you can't see me." Nancy was still amazed.

"Um, El." Mike said. "I had a dream." "What happened?" El asked. Mike kept looking at the radio. He could almost feel El near him. "You were in it. And you... You hurt Nancy and Hopper." He said. El had no response at first. Then, she spoke up. "Hurt them?" She asked. "Yeah. You hurt them badly." Mike said. Nancy looked at him. He left out the part that she killed them instead of hurting them, but she knew it was best not to scare El.

"Mike, I would never do that." She said. Mike smiled. "El, I know you wouldn't. I just thought I'd tell you, to make sure you hadn't changed." Mike said. El spoke up again. "Mike, I have to tell you something." She said. "Sure El. Anything." He said. "Mike, I... I...." Mike could tell she didn't know what to say. "What is it?" He asked. He heard El take a deep breath. "Mike, I lo..."

El was suddenly cut off by extremely high static. Mike and Nancy were confused. "El? Are you there?" Mike asked. He heard Els voice, but couldn't make out what she was saying. Then, he heard her voice sound almost frantic. Then, no sound at all. No static, no voice, nothing.

Mike spoke into it. "El? Are you there?" No response. Mike was nervous. "El?" He asked. Then, a voice came back. But it did not belong to El. It belonged to a girl, who sounded a bit older than her. "El? El? Where are you? Come back!" The voice was mocking him. Then he heard laughter. Mike and Nancy were both creeped out, as if a ghost was inside there. "Well, well, well. Michael Wheeler. And Nancy Wheeler. What a surprise to have both of you here." The voice said. Mike brought up all the courage he had, and talked into the radio. "Who the hell are you?" He asked. The laugh went down to a chuckle. "Adrienne." The voice said.

Suddenly, Mikes bedroom light started flickering on and off. Nancy turned the switch off, but the flickering continued. And, the laughter was back. But Mike and Nancy heard more than one voice in the radio. They sounded insane. Who were they? The light kept fickering faster and faster. Nancy was trying to find a way to turn it off. Suddenly, the room was dark. Nancy ran to the lightswitch, turning it on.

Nancy wished she hadn't, once she saw there was a third person in Mikes room smiling. Adrienne, her eyes glowing bright red, with an evil grin. Mike and Nancy screamed. They ran for the door, but it wouldn't open. They tried to pull it back open, but it wouldn't budge. "Tisk, tisk." Adrienne said. "The cowards way out. I hate cowards." Mike and Nancy looked back at Adrienne. Nancy was terrified by the red eyes, and stood near the door. Mike looked at her. He was scared. But he wasn't going to show it. He walked forward. Then, Adrienne took her hands out, and fire rose from it. This made Mike and Nancy scream again. "Mom! Dad! Help!" Nancy yelled. Adrienne put her fire out, and grabbed Mike by the throat, choking him, her hands still burning hot.

Nancy tired to get Mike out of the grasp, but Adrienne pushed Nancy against the wall with her mind, keeping her there. Adriennes red eyes now looked into Mikes. He tried to fight his way out, but he was becoming weak. He was becoming dizzy. Adrienne saw life leaving his eyes. "Listen here, Wheeler. If you mess with me, I will kill you. And everyone you love." Adrienne said. She looked at Nancy, who was so terrified, she couldn't move. Then, there was knocking on the door. Karen and Ted. After a few kicks at the door, they made their way in, to find a horrible sight. Nancy was crouched by a wall, and Mike was being choked. Ted and Karen were shocked.

Adrienne let go of Mike, who started coughing. She showed her fire one last time, and disappeared. Karen immediatly rushed over to Mike, hugging him. Ted ran to Nancy, helping her up. "What... The hell was that?" Karen said. "I... I don't know." Mike said. "But it's something bad, Mom. Something really bad."