Nancy's secret

"He's gone again?" Mike asked. He was talking om his radio to El. "Yes." El answered. "The girl with red eyes took him." Mike sat on his bed. His best friend, who had gone missing two years ago, was gone again. 'Poor Will. He's been taken by someone telekenetic, pyrokenetic, and god know what else.' He thought to himself. He went to his radio again. "We'll find him, El." He said. He suddenly heard El crying on the other line. "El?" He asked. "I tried to find him... With my powers." She said. "The girl with red eyes, I think she is blocking the area with her powers. I can't find him Mike." El said, sobbing. "Hey, it's okay, El." Mike said. "You don't need your powers. Joyce will know what to do. And when Hopper wakes up, he'll set everything right." He said. "Promise?" El asked. "I promise." Mike said.

El was cut off. Mike guessed she ended the connection. He got up from his bed to go down to the basement, when he heard a sniffle somewhere. He looked around, and heard a sniffle, from Nancys room. Then, he heard her crying.

"Nance?" Mike was knocking on her door. He took a pin out of his pocket, and slid it through the lock. After a few twists, he unlocked the door, to see Nancy curled up against the wall, crying. Shocked, Mike ran over to her. "Nance, what's wrong?" He asked. Nancy looked up at her brother. He may have been angry and annoying at times. But he was always there for her. Mike grabbed her hand. "It's alright, I'm here." He said. Nancy began thinking of what to say. "Mike..." She said. "I... I'm pregnant."

Mike looked at his sister. Millions of questions were flying through his head. 'For how long?' 'Do Mom and Dad know?' 'Who's the Father?' Mike might hace already known the answer to the last question.

Instead of asking Nancy anything, Mike hugged her. "Geez, Nancy." He said. Nancy began crying again. "About a month ago, I began feeling weird." She said. "I took a pregnancy test, and... It came back positive." Nancy took a shuddering breath. "It started at a party Jonathan and I had gone to. There was a lot of alcohol, and we both got drunk. I... I don't even remember what happened, I just remember waking up next to him."

Mike sat next to her. "I'll be here, Nancy." He said. "I'll be here for you, if you ever need someone." Nancy smiled. "Thank you, Mike." She said. "I'm just imagining what telling Mom and Dad would be like." She said. "I know they will help, but I imagine they would be mad at first."

"I'm sure they would understand." Mike said. "Sure, they would be mad at first. But I'm sure they would support you the whole way through." Nancy smiled. "I know I don't know the gender, but I feel bad not having a name prepared." She said.

"I've got a few name suggestions." Mike said. "If it's a boy, you can call him Ted." Nancy laughed silently. "Let's hope to god he won't be lazy like our Dad." She said. Mike laughed. "If it's a girl, her name will probably be Barb." Nancy said. Mike smiled. "I'm sure everyone would love that name." He said. "And as my job as your brother, and your kids Uncle, I will help you both every step of the way best I could." Mike said.

Nancy's eyes began to water up again. "What is it?" Mike asked. Nancy looked at her brother. "Jesus Mike, you grew up so fast. And I... I never even noticed. I always thought you were the annoying little brother, but you are more than that. You're there for people when they need you." She said. "Keep staying that way, and never change." Mike put his hand on her shoulder. "You grew up so fast to, Nancy. I mean, I'll be the oldest kid here this year after you leave for college." Nancy thought about that. "It will be sooner than I think, that's all I know." She said. "When I leave, I'll be sure to write everyday." Mike smiled, and nodded. "I'll show El how to write back." He said.

"Nance, just remember, you are loved around here. If something is troubling you, you can talk to us. You know my saying. Friends don't Lie. That goes the same with family."