Road Trip

The next morning, Joyce and El had breakfast while Will and Jonathan were still asleep, and got into the car, about to go back to Hoppers cabin. When they got into the car, El looked into the area whre she thought she saw a figure. There was nobody there, but she knew something or someone was watching her the other night.

Once they drove back up to the cabin, they were shocked. The cabin was in pieces, on the ground. Terrified, El ran to the reamains of the cabin. She threw the wood away from the rest of the pile, seeing if there was anything to recover. Nothing. Everything had been destroyed. The place El was told was her home. It wasn't much, but it meant so much to her. Joyce ran forward, wrapping her arms around El. "El, I'm so sorry." She said. "Do you think it was the girl with red eyes?" El nodded. Then, she remembered something.

El kept digging through the wood, and found the trapdoor that was supposed to be under the couch. All the papers were missing. Not burnt, because there would be dust or ashes. They were taken. El felt sick inside. "She knows where Mama is." El said. Joyce looked nervous. "If she attacked Mike, and burnt down this cabin, god only knows what she will do at your Moms house." Joyce said. El now got nervous. "Don't worry. We... Okay, I know I shouldn't be doing this," Joyce said. "But this depends on your Moms life. So, we... We'll be going to where your mom is." El looked up at Joyce. "Really?" She said. Joyce nodded, smiling. "We can call it a road trip." She said. El looked at the car. "Road trip." She said.

"Oh, god, all your clothes were burnt." Joyce said. "Not to worry, I'll get some more for you." She and El got back into the car, and drove back to the Byers house. Once inside, she saw a note on the table. Joyce picked it up. "Hey Mom. We went to Castle Byers. Will and Jonathan." Joyce read. She looked at El. "Okay, I'm going to get you some clothes, and some things for the ride." Joyce said. "And... I know you don't like Owens rule, but please don't leave." El nodded. Joyce smiled, amd left.

While waiting at the Byers house, El decided to try something. She grabbed one of Joyces dish rags, and was in front of their Television. She tied the blindfold arlimd her eyes, and put her hands on the television. She focused, and was in complete darkness. She was about to contact Mike, but then something came up. Will. He was crouched down, and laughing. Then Jonathan appeared next to him, amazed at something. Then, around them was the girl she saw on her list. 012. They were in Castle Byers. El saw the girl focus, and disappeared from them. Jonathan was shocked, looking around. Then, she appeared behind them, saying "Boo!" It scared both of them. "That's incredible." Jonathan said. "So, you've just been staying here after you met Will?" He asked. Winter nodded. "I didn't even know he had powers, until that one night he brought the storm." She said.

Will had powers? Brought a storm? What was this girl talking about? How could she disappear and reappear? Did she already know Will? What was happening? El had so many questions. Then, there was a car honk. El took off the blindfold, and saw Joyce waving her hand, a bag of clothes and food in the car. El smiled. She walked out of the house to the car. "Ready for a roadtrip?" Joyce asked. El nodded. Joyce looked into the woods. "I might as well tell the boys the plan." She said. She walked into the woods, and El followed.

As they walked up a hill, they came to the fort made of wood. Joyce heard laughter inside. But there was someone else inside, besides Will and Jonathan. It sounded like a girls laugh. Joyce was curious, amd walked closer to the fort, the sheets closed. "Radagast." She said. The laughter stopped, and Will came out. "Hey mom." He said. "Hey sweetie. El and I are going on a roadtrip. It concerns her family." Joyce said. Will looked at El, and nodded. "Okay, how long will you be gone?" He asked. "Few days, probably." Joyce said. She was ahout to ask who else was in the fort, but decided to keep her mouth shut. "Well, be good." Joyce said, smiling. Will nodded.

Joyce and El walked back to the car. As they drove off, El wondered if Mike would notice if she would be gone. She knew he woudln't, becuase Hopper, Joyce, and Owens were keeping their mouths shut. "So, last year, did you really sneak out of the cabin and visit your Mom?" Joyce asked. El nodded. "I met her, and Becky." She said. "When I met her, she seemed nice, I guess." Joyce said. "Did you fimd out what was wrong with her?" El nodded. "Bad men did it." El said. A sympathetic look came over Joyce. "That's terrible." She said.

The car went past a sign saying 'Leaving Hawkins'. El smiled. She was going to see her mom again, get there before the Red Eyed girl could, and stop whatever the Red Eyed Girls plan was. She hoped they could get it all done, before Hopper would come back. Hopper. El thought what his reaction would be if the cabin burnt down.