Confrontation

"Adrienne Owens.” El said. Adrienne looked angry, disapproving the name. “I know what happened to you. What Brenner did was… unforgivable.” El said. “But that does not mean you have to act like this.” El felt the building shake. Adrienne’s temper was rising.

“Jane, you’re too young to understand how the world works. I’d admit, I’m young too. I’m only Eighteen. But you must understand. People are terrible. Look at this world. It does not deserve us. They are selfish, filled with hatred, and violence. Just like the people you call your family.” Adrienne explained. El looked behind her, to see Joyce and Mike. El stared angrily back at Adrienne.

Adrienne flew across the room. Then, levitated in the air. El held her in place. Adrienne teleported behind El, and kicked her down. El was floating up, then slammed on the floor hard. “El!” Mike yelled. He almost ran up the stairs, but Joyce caught him. “No, you’re going to get yourself killed!” Joyce said.

Then, Brenner was being levitated down. He was placed in front of El. “Look at this man, and tell me I’m wrong.” El looked at Brenner. He was the reason she struggled with memories. The reason why her childhood had been ruined. El focused, and Brenner yelled in pain. She was trying to crush his head. “He is the perfect example of these humans. Kill him. He deserves it, they all do.” El focused on Brenner. She saw he was in pain. Then, she saw a little bit if blood come from his ear.

Mike couldn’t take it. He got out of Joyce’s grasp. “Mike, no!” He heard Joyce yell. But he ran up, to see El killing Brenner, and Adrienne smiling. Adrienne saw him, and pushed him back down the stairs with her mind.

El was about to kill Brenner, thinking of every terrible thing about him Adrienne told her. She felt her ego rising again. She knew Brenner deserved death. Adrienne was right. Then, something changed. Instead of flashbacks from Brenner, El thought of the night Mike found her in the rain. How he let her sleep in his basement. When He was angry when he thought he saw Wills dead body. How she saved him from jumping into the quarry. When he kissed her… Good memories went through her head. El looked at Adrienne. “You’re wrong about them.” She said.

She looked down at Brenner. She released pressure on him, and he gasped. Adrienne yelled in anger, and threw Brenner down the stairs. Fire lit from her hands, going to burn him, when Adrienne was pulled to the ground by El. Brenner got up, and tried to escape, when he was in front of everyone, hatred in their faces. He tried to run back upstairs, but he was tackled, and held down by Jonathan and Steve. Mike walked forward to Brenner. “You are one sick bastard.” He said, then kicked him in the side.

El walked towards Adrienne. “Their everything you say, yes. But so much more.” Adrienne got up. “Lies!” She yelled. Random objects flew at El, on Fire. El crushed them in midair. Adrienne was thrown to the other side of the hallway, to another room. When she hit the wall, her ring fell off. Will and Kali had gotten out of her control.

Adrienne got up again, tired. But she was not going to give up. She cast fire from her hands. But before El caught in in midair, Will hit it with his ice energy. El smiled at him. Then, turned back to Adrienne. “You do not have control over me, or them. You cannot keep someone under your own control, they believe their own decisions. And I believe, these people are my family. And I will protect them from every monster like a Demogorgon or Mind Flayer, or bad person like you or Brenner.” Adrienne looked at El, Will, and Kali. “You are just like them!” She yelled. She rose both hands, and long flames shot out.

Will blocked it with his power. Kali concentrated, and Adrienne began seeing darkness closing in. She tried to stay focused, but could not break free from Kalis powers. Suddenly, there was a screech above them. El looked up to see five Demobats flying to them. El focused, and threw them all to the wall, and snapped their necks.

El killed every Demobat that came their way while Kali and Will fought Adrienne. Adrienne kept her eyes locked on Will, and their powers were getting stronger. “I gave you a family Will! People like you!” Will looked at her. “I already have one.” He said.

El saw Adrienne's ring. Then, an idea came to her head. She kept the Demobat’s under her control when she had the ring on. With it off, the Demobats were free. El had an idea the ring acted as a gate, the brain to the creatures. She focused on the ring, and crushed it. “No, No!” Adrienne yelled. As El crushed it, Demobats were falling from the ceiling. “What have you done... What have you done!” El looked at Adrienne. “This town has had enough monsters." El rose her hands, and pushed Adrienne against the wall, Will freezing her to it. Adrienne tried to burn her way out, but the ice was strong. She teleported out, and El, Will, and Kali were suddenly choking. They fell to the ground coughing. Adrienne was smiling. “I don’t need you anymore.” She said.

“Adrienne! Stop!” Adrienne looked behind her, to see Dr. Owens standing at the hallway. In shock, Adrienne let the three go, who were gasping for air. “Dad?” She said. Owens smiled. “Dri... Look at you.” He said. “You grew up so fast.” Adrienne walked towards him. A scared look came across her face. “Dad, it’s to late. I've become a monster.” She said.” “Your wrong.” Owens said. “You’re trying to be someone else. But it’s the wrong path. But you can leave this.” Adrienne looked at him. Tears began to fall from her eyes.

“I’m so sorry." She said. She ran forwards, and hugged her father. Her eyes were not the evil red, but the innocent blue, of a scared kid. Owens began holding back his own tears. He dug for something in his coat pocket. "Dri, I want to be safe." He said. "But in order to do that, I need you to learn yourself." Owens said, as he injected Adrienne with a sedate he had hidden in his coat pocket. Adrienne gasped. Things shook in the hallway. Adrienne looked at Owens, then dozed off to sleep as the drug kicked in.

At that moment, they heard footsteps coming from the hallway behind them. Someone had gotten in from the back door. Then, entered Hopper. He saw El, and a small grin came across his face. “Hey kid.” He said. Tears of joy came across El as she ran to Hopper to hug him.

Will walked over to Owens, who carefully placed Adrienne on the floor. Owens looked at him. “I had no idea you had powers as well.” He said. Will nodded. Owens looked at his daughter. “After all this time, I thought she had died.” Owens said. “She left her mark here.” Will said. “What will you do with her?” “I will give her the help she needs.” Owens said.