Chapter 20

Shawn's POV

"Emily, I made a mistake with breaking up with you. I am honestly so sorry. I still love you. I am in love with you. And I can never stop. Will you please forgive me?"

She was just staring at the ground.

"I don't trust you anymore."

I really messed up...

"I promise I won't do it again."

"Shawn! Exactly how can I know you won't do it again?! You promised Cameron last time and you broke that promise!" She yelled with tears running down her face.

"I'm serious this time." I say.

"So you weren't last time? Everything we had meant the world to me and nothing to you. That's nice. I'm glad you felt the same way. Well you know what Shawn maybe I don't feel the same way anymore."

"Emily I-" I started to say

"You know what Shawn leave me alone for right now. I don't want to talk to you. If you really want my trust back you will have to try really hard. You don't get everything handed to you and life." Then she went back into her room.

Emily's POV

As soon as I got in the room I locked myself and the bathroom and the tears came down my face. I do still love him. I want to forgive him so bad, but he made it seem like our whole relationship he lied. He needs to earn my trust. Not get it handed to to him on a silver platter.

"Emily please let me in or you come out." Hayes says.

I open the door and run into his arms crying. I need him right now. I'm so glad he's here.

He carried me to the bed. And say me on his lap. He let me cry into his shoulder for about 10 minutes.

"Do you want go tell me about it?" Hayes asks.

"Y-yeah.." I say.

I explained the whole story to him and he listening.

" I'm still in love with him." I say crying.

"I know, he didn't realize what he had until you were gone."

"Hayes, thank you so much for being here for me this whole time. You and Matt. I love you."

"Its not a problem for me because I love you too." He says smiling with that smile I can't get enough of..

"Where is Matt?" I ask.

"With Carter."

"Do you want to go to the mall?" I ask.

"Of course!"

"Okay, let me get ready and we can go."

I take a shower, brush my teeth & hair, then do my make up. For an outfit I wear a floral skater dress. For shoes I wear black vans.

"Ready!" I say to Hayes who was wearing Khaki pants and a vans t-shirt with black vans also.

"WE ARE TWINS" He yelled.

I laughed. "I noticed. You called the limo, right?"

"Yes it's here!" He said smiling and grabbing my hand.

For most people that would be awkward but he's my best friend, so I don't care.

*At the mall *

"Forever 21?!" I ask Hayes

"Fine."

I try on a lot of outfits and Hayes and I picked out three for me to buy. At the register I was getting my money out when the lady said "thank you, have a nice day."

"I haven't paid?" I said.

"That's because I did." Hayes said smiling.

I punch his arm and hug him. "Thank you so much." I say

"That's what best friend are for."

We went shopping for a whiles longer. Hayes got some stuff and I got some more. It was a much needed best friend day. I needed to get shawn off of my mind.

"Do you want to eat at the mall or somewhere else?" Hayes asks.

"I really want Cheddars, but if you want to eat here we can." I say.

"To Cheddars we go!" Hayes says grabbing my hand and walking back to the limo and telling the driver where to go.

*after dinner*

"Hayes no, I'll pay for mine."

He hands the waitress a credit card and she takes it.

"I'll pay for something of yours someday." I say.

"No you won't, your the girl, I'm the guy, the guy should always pay." He says.

I just smile at him. She gives him his card back and the driver takes us back to the hotel.

I get ready for bed and lay in my bed. Hayes is in his.

"Thank you for today Hayes. It really got my mind off of things. I was happy."

"It was my pleasure."

"Night Hayes."

"Night Emily, I love you." He says.

"I love you too." And I meant it. He's my best friend, my everything, the other guy I might be falling for.