Chapter 36

Emily's POV

After we dropped Matthew off at the airport I was kinda bored. Around 11 my mom knocked on the door.

"Come in?" I say because my door was open.

"Want to have a girls day? Just me and you like we used too? Cam is out by himself, he had a rough breakup." She asks.

"They broke up? I'm gonna get movies and food for him and I tonight, but sure let me get ready momma." I smile.

I put on a pair of light wash high waisted shorts and a black and white striped crop top. I took a shower last night so now I had to do my hair and makeup. Once it was perfectly straight and my makeup looked good I went to pick out shoes. I decided on my black toms. Then I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs.

"Ready?" She asks smiling.

"Yep!"

We get in the car and start to catch up. I missed my mom. I should start hanging out with her more, like Cameron does.

"How's you and Matthew?" She asks.

"We are good. Really good."

"I'm so proud of the girl you are becoming."

"Be proud of yourself, Cameron, and Sierra. You three have always been here."

When we get to the mall we decide to get mani pedis.

"Mom, can we go to the nike store? I really want nike roshes." I say.

"Yes honey, I might get a pair too!"

We both get black and white ones. At the checkout the guy seemed to be checking me out more than the shoes.

"Can you stop checking my daughter out and do the shoes?" My mom said. I laughed and high fived her.

"Sorry." He said embarrassed and handed us the bag.

"Good one mom!" I say.

We left the mall around 5. I bought some running shorts, shoes,tee shirts, and a romper.

"Where to dinner at?" Mom asks.

"Umm Olive Garden!"

"Our favorite." Mom says with a smile.

We order and start talking.

"I've missed you mom. I'm really sorry it's seemed like I've been avoiding you. If I would have talked to you maybe I wouldn't have almost died with out Matt. I mean I'm 16, I need my mom." I say

"Hey it's okay sweetheart. Just remember I'm always here. Cameron and Sierra are too."

"I love you momma, thanks for hanging out with my today."

On the way home I almost forgot about Cameron's break up.

"Hey mom can we go to walmart real quick? I want to get some food and drinks for Cam and I. If you want you can join." I say.

"Sure. But I will have to turn down joining. I'm exhausted!"

At Walmart i got sour patch kids,Doritos, ice cream, and starburst. We can just watch something on Netflix.

*at home*

"Night Em, love you!" My mom says kissing my cheek.

"Night mom." I say smiling.

I ran upstairs to Cams room and he was sitting there crying.

"Hey it's okay." I say rubbing his back.

"Two years of dating and she breaks up with me because she says she doesn't love me and never has." Cameron says.

"Come on, let's go watch movies I bought a lot of snacks."

I grab his hand and pull him down stairs. He sat on the couch while I put us each a few scoops of ice cream in bowls and grab the snacks. Then, i poured us both a glass of Dr. Pepper and brought it in.

"Thanks Emily, your the best sister."

"You would have done it for me. So what movie?" I ask.

"Can we watch Endless Love?" He asks.

I laugh. "Sure."

I press on it and go upstairs to change into running shorts and a tee shirt. The movie just started when I walked down. I laid down on one side of the couch and he did the other, just like when we were little. Shortly after the movie started Cameron and I fell asleep.