Chapter 40

Emily's POV

2 days ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Today I have radiation. Matthew was taking me. He's been so supportive. Sometimes I'm strong, other times I break down.

"Matt, thank you." I say.

"I love you so much." He says tearing up.

"I love you too. Please don't cry. I'm fine." I say.

We walk in hand and hand to see the doctor.

"Good morning Emily." Doctor K said.

"Morning." I reply.

"As you know today you start radiation. Your hair is going to start falling out."

"Oh." I say. The hair I've worked so hard for is going to all disappear just like the person I am might do. Tears start falling down my face and Matthew notices.

"Hey, it's okay. Baby you will still be so gorgeous with no hair and if you want a wig I will go buy you whatever wig you want." He says.

"Thank you." I say softly. He wraps his arms around me.

"Ready for your first step to curing?" Doctor K asks.

I nod my head and walk back with him leaving Matt to wait.

*after radiation*

"do you want to go to lunch baby?" Matt asks.

"Yes." I simply say.

We were driving down the road when I notice Matts eyes are puffy and his cheeks are red.

"I don't want to loose you Emily. I can't. And if I do I swear I will never love anyone ever again. Your the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I know we are only 16 but I don't care I know your the one I want." He says and I put my hand on his leg.

"Hey I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay right here, with you, forever. Because I love you so much."

He smiles and drives to subway. We order something for us and all the guys.

"We got subway!" I yell and everyone comes down. Taylor gave me a hug.

"You okay?" Taylor asks.

"Actually, I am." And I meant it. I'm starting face the fact that I have cancer, but I'm gonna fight.

After we ate I laid my head on Taylor's lap and my legs on Matt. Taylor was playing with my hair when he said "shit."

"Taylor, what?" I ask.

"Your hair is falling out." He says

"It's because of radiation..." I say.

"Well, Emily you will still look gorgeous with no hair. I promise princess." Tay says.

"Thanks." I smile.

"I'm proud of how strong you are." Hayes says.

"It's because of you guys." I say. Everyone smiles.

*2 hours later*

We were all watching The Fosters when my bones started to hurt.

"Emily what's wrong?" Jack Johnson said panicky.

"My bones hurt." I say.

"I'll be right back." Matt says.

20 minutes later Matt came back down stairs, he picked me up and carried me to my bathroom. There was a bubble bath going and he had my favorite song playing.

"I'll help you take your shirt and pants off, but you can take your bra and underwear off unless you need help." He says.

I smile. "Thanks Matthew."

He took my pants and shirt off and left. I got my undergarments off and sat into the warm water. He always knows how to make things better.

After 40 minutes Matt knocked and asked if I was done and I said yes.

"Do you need help?" He asks.

"No I got it."

I got changed into pajamas and opened the door to see Matt laying on my bed in basketball shorts, and of course shirtless.

"Matt can you help me do something?" I ask.

"Yes baby." He says.

"I want to make a list of things I want to do or accomplish just in case I die. Yes I have hope, but anything could happen and I really want to do this."

"I'll go get you paper and a pencil." He smiles.

He left and came back.

"What's first?" He asks.

"Well I really want to walk in a water ball. Like on the ocean."

He writes it down.

"Will you write fall in love, but put a check mark next to it?" I say.

He writes it down and looks at me and smiles.

"Let's finish this list tomorrow." I say and cup his cheeks with my hands. His lips crash into mine.

He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head in his chest.

"Night Matthew I love you and I'm in love with you forever."

"Night beautiful. I love and am in love with you forever too." He says and kisses my head.