Chapter 17

WARNING: The content in this chapter gets a bit more intense than previous ones

WARNING: The content in this chapter gets a bit more intense than previous ones. If you think it will make you uncomfortable just skip this chapter and move on to Chapter 18 when I post it. If not ... then read on, you won't be disappointed! : )

As always, I'd love your votes and comments!

Ellison sat at the bureau in her bedroom, brushing her hair. Her and Tom had returned home just before 4 pm, and had eaten leftovers her mother had left them from the previous night's dinner. Ellison had returned to her room shortly after explaining to Tom that she was tired and was turning in early. She had taken a shower and had slipped into a silk nightgown.

Her hair had long since dried, but she had been unable to go to sleep. If she were honest, she hadn't been tired at all but had chickened out of a night spent alone with Tom. She didn't know why the thought of being alone with him made her nervous. It was silly ... After all, she and Tom had spent countless nights alone together in his bedroom at Hogwarts. Somehow though, this felt different. And she didn't know why, but it set her on edge.

She sat the brush down on the table and stood up, resolving to attempt sleep once again. As she climbed onto her queen four poster, a knock sounded at her door. Slipping on a robe the same shade of blue as her nighty, she opened the door.

"Did I wake you?" A voice called from the darkness. A light flickered from the tip of Tom's wand, illuminating his face.

"No," she replied, closing her robe tightly around her frame, "you didn't."

"Good, come with me," he said, grabbing hold of her hand and pulling her forward. Her hand caught the door frame, halting their advancement.

"I'm in my pajamas," was all she could think to say. It was silly. Tom had certainly seen her in her pajamas before. But again ... somehow it was different. She closed her robe tighter around her, in an effort to hide the blush that now crept up her chest and neck. 

"I have a surprise for you," he retorted, pulling her gently out of the doorway and into the hallway. She allowed him to lead her through the house to the backdoor. Once outside, she gasped at the scene before her. Lighting the brick path were a hundred floating lights, twinkling like stars. Tom led her down the path, until they reached a blanket laid out among the flower garden, two bottles of butterbeer set atop it.

"Tom ..." Ellison began, taking everything in with wide eyes, "what is all of this?"

"Just my way of saying thank you for you inviting me here," he replied, smiling down at her. "I have one more surprise for you," he added, placing his hands behind his back before pulling out a bright white calla lily.

"Oh, it's beautiful," she said, placing the flower up to her nose, breathing in its sweet scent. "Lilies are my favorite flower ... How did you know?"