First Day of School (cont.)

Mike's pov:

I start to head for the cafeteria and as soon as I get there, just like I predicted the new girl's there, I really didn't feel like talking today so I quickly turned around and walked the halls. I go to the a.v. room and I wasn't very hungry but I sat down and ate anyways.

El's pov:

I wonder why Mike didn't show up for lunch? "Hey, I'm going to go get a drink." I tell them and I leave, I started walking the halls, trying to release some of my nerves, as soon as I turn a corner I see someone out of the corner of my eye. I quickly realized it was Mike, I didn't want him to find out it was me in this spot, so I ran back to the cafeteria as to not grow suspicion.

Mike's pov:

I thought someone was following me as it was walking the halls but I pretended it was nothing, the feeling went away quickly. The bell rang and I go to my next class. Math. I walk in the room, sit in my seat, and wait for the teacher to start.

El's pov:

I the bell rings and I go to my next class, math. I hate math, I walk in, find an empty desk, and sit down. The teacher walks in and tells us we have a free period. The boy beside me says "hey aren't you the new girl?" I hear his voice and realize who it is.

Mike's pov:

The teacher comes in and says we have a free period. I just realized that the new girl is beside me, I find enough courage to look up and ask her if she's the new girl. She doesn't even look up but I know she's shocked, but before I can get an answer out of her again she asks to use the bathroom.