The Accident

El's pov: 

Me and Mike walked to my house, when we got there we stood outside both not wanting each other to leave. "El?" Mike asked so my attention went to him instead of the door "huh? sorry, ya," "I'll call you when I get home, the second I get home." "Promise?" I asked looking deep into his eyes, "Promise." he said with a smile, with the reassurance I took a deep breath, quickly gave Mike a kiss on the cheek, and ran inside. Hopper was waiting for me on the couch, "hey kiddo, how was hanging with Mike? You didn't do anything, you know..." "geez Hopper I'm only 13," "I know, I know" he said defensively. "We talked for a while then we fell asleep." I said and walked into my room, I sat there waiting for Mike to call, I ended up falling asleep.

Mike's pov:

On my way home I went to a flower shop and got El a few flowers with what was left of my allowance. I got her baby pick roses, as I walked out of the store I saw Nancy on a date with Johnathan, huh I thought she was still dating Steve, wow I was really out of it when El was gone. I started on my way home, I decided to go through the woods considering thats right where my backyard was. I was making my way to the woods with calling El on my mind, crossing the quietest street in all of Hawkins, when a speeding car, was too late stopping, hit me. Everything. went. black.

El's pov:

I woke up because I knew something was wrong, Mike didn't call me and he promised, I went into the void and saw Mike in the hospital "MIKE!?" I screamed I knew he couldn't hear me but I couldn't help myself, I left the void and ran to Hopper "whats the matter?" he asked me, I just realized that I had tears streaming down my face, "it's Mike, he's in the hospital, a-and I don't know why," I said trying to hold back tears, "how-how do you know?" Hopper asked in shock, "I saw him in the void," I said as I pointed to my head, "ok lets go," the second he said that I ran out of the house and hopped into his car. 

When we got to the hospital, Mike's parents were there, worried about their son, Karen looked up and she saw me, "hey El," "wh-what happened?" "Mike got hit by a car, the car wasn't going too fast, so he didn't die, he's in a coma, the doctors don't know when he'll wake up." Karen explained, "I need to see him, now," "you can try, the doctors say it's family only," she said and sat back down, I walked up to the counter and told them who I was and who I came to see, I even told them I was Mike's girlfriend, then Hopper said, "Jim Hopper, chief police, I need to see the boy to do an investigation," they let him in, and I follow close by. 

When we got to Mike's room it scared me at first because his room looked like mine at the lab, but walked in and Hopper stayed out, I grabbed the chair and sat next to him, I held his hand and looked at his bruised up face, he had a broken leg, 3 broken ribs, a sprained wrist, and a concussion but he was still my Mike. I cried a little seeing how this was caused because I hadn't stayed with him, I should have put up a bigger fight when he told me to go inside.

Mike had stopped breathing I yelled for Hopper to get the doctors "don't die on me Mike, please." I begged, then doctors ran in and I got pushed to the side, I ran up to Hopper and cried into his chest. 

a/n: Hey guys, please don't kill me, I know you want to, but if you kill me then you wont know what happens next, just be patient. The story will get better I promise.