The Smiles

Mike's pov:

I tell Hopper that me and El are going back to my house, "okay," He says and just as I'm about to close the door "but no funny business, okay?" I nod and walk towards El, grab her hand and walk to where I left my bike.

We get to my house, through the basement door obviously. She looks around the basement, nothing major has changed. El turns on her heal, with the biggest smile plastered across her face, tears briming her eyes. "You kept it up?" She asks her voice breaking. "Ya, I couldn't bring myself to take it down, it was the only thing I had left of you." She slowly walks over and hugs me, El lets go and goes and sits in the fort.

El's pov:

Mike tells Hopper that we are going to his house, I saw Mike start to walk away, then walk back to the door, I didn't hear what they were saying but that didn't bother me. I went on the back of Mike's bike, I never realized how much I missed this. The wind in my hair and face, how my arms fit perfectly around Mike's torso, I put my head on his back and closed my eyes feeling safe.

We get to Mike's house and we go through the basement door. I start to look around though nothing has changed, I start to make my way to were my fort was I realize it's still there, I guess I thought he would have moved on and taken it down but he didn't. Thinking about how he kept it up this whole time makes me start to tear up.

When I decide that me and Mike are done hugging I walk over to the fort, I don't what it is but the fort makes me feel safe. Actually I do know what it is, it's the fact that this was my first home, this was the first place I actually felt welcome in this world, I now realize how thankful I am to have such an incredible boy rescue me that night.

Mike's pov

I walk over to El in her fort, she must be in thought, I know that look. She snaps out of it though when she realizes I'm there. "Do you want to watch a movie or something." I ask her considering there's a t.v. down here and like a billon movies. "Sure, can I pick?" El asks wiggling her eye brows, "ya, sure." I say jokingly rolling my eyes.

She picks footloose, it's not a bad movie but it's also not the best, I mean I did say she could pick so I technically brought this on myself. I wonder if she remembers the snowball. I'll ask her when the movie is done because she seems to be really enjoying this movie. The movie finishes and I didn't even realize that El has fallen asleep, I then realized what a day we've gone through, its at this moment when I realize how tired I am as I slowly drift off to sleep.