The Fight

Mike's pov:

When El walked over to Hopper she wispered something in his ear. I cut there little moment off by saying "why did you keep El from me?" "I honestly don't know why, she's basically my daughter now and I really don't need her running around with some boy." Hopper said, surprisingly calm. "Do you know how much I've been hurting, do you think I was ok after El left?!" I say raising my voice a little bit, tears just on the verge of flowing.

"Listen kid, she's here now can't we just leave it." "No, we can't because everyone has been worried about me, I've been worried about me, and she just shows up and tells me she's been staying with you this whole time?" I was at the point where I was almost crying, "ok, listen I didn't know how you'd react to her coming back, that's why I didn't tell you, are you happy now?!" Hopper says raising his voice. "No, no I'm not because I've been depressed, so close to doing things I might regret, all because of some girl I met in the woods."

El's pov

Mike and Hopper were screaming at eachother, I wasn't really listening until I heard something Mike said "No, no I'm not because I've been depressed, so close to doing things I might regret, all because of some girl I met in the woods." I started crying, I knew I made him hurt, but I didn't know I made him hurt that much. I ran up to Mike and hugged him so tight that I could hardly breathe, I was scared to let go, to be honest, because if I let go then I would be that much further away from him.

We were disturbed from our hug by Hopper saying to Mike "you really like this girl, don't you?" "Yes" was all Mike said, he looked down at me and smiled. Hopper went back into the house, so it was just me and Mike. He wipes the leftover tears from my face, and stares into my eyes. I looked back into his and we just sit like that no words need to be spoken, and for the first time in a long time I felt at home.