The Runaway Pt. 2

El's pov:

After me and Mike said I love you for the first time we sat on the edge of the quarry, my head on Mikes shoulder, we sat there until the sun was fully down and the stars were shining brightly. I don't know how long we were out but honestly I didn't really care, I heard something behind me but I thought it was just an animal and shrugged it off. I heard the noise again but this time it was closer, I got up to investigate when Mike felt me get up he asked "what's wrong?" "shhhh, I hear something."

Just as I said that a stick broke from the woods, and out came Dustin, Lucas, Max and Will. "Holy shit guys you scared the crap outta me," I say "people are out looking for you guys, Mike your mom is worried sick, what made you think that you can just disappear like that? Have you learned anything this past year?" Lucas says to me and Mike obviously pissed. "I thought you guys were just sucking face somewhere." Dustin tells us laughing, "I was really worried about you guys I almost had a panic attack." Will said that's the most he's spoken in a while.

Me, Mike and the party all walked back to Mike's house, and Hopper's car in the driveway "shit" Mike said under his breath "hey Mike," I grabbed his hand and held it in mine "I'm sure everything will be fine," everything was not fine.

Mike's pov:

The party interrupted me and El, we all ended up walking back to my house, Hopper's car was in the driveway I muttered 'shit' under my breath hoping El wouldn't hear me but she did she grabbed my hand and told me that everything was going to be alright. I knew it wasn't going to be, I nodded so El wouldn't worry.

I opened the door and my mom, my dad, Nancy, and Hopper were all sitting there with pissed off looks. "Where the hell have you guys been, I get a call that my daughter has run away? I was so worried that I rushed over here, we went looking for you, and you thought that with what happened last year that doing this would be ok, I thought you guys were smarter than this." Hopper said really disappointed, El was on the verge of tears she hates it when people get mad at her it reminds her to much of the lab.

"I am so sorry it was my fault I should have told you where we went, it's my fault, so please don't get mad at El." I said calmly hoping to relive some of the tension, "El we're going home, we'll talk about this there," Hopper said as she was getting dragged out of the house. "Wait, Hopper don't do this I won't be able to live if I can't see her again, please." I said holding back tears, he stopped turned around and looked me straight in the eye, "you're too young to feel that pain, you don't know what real love is, she's not going to the snowball with you, I'm sorry Mike, you're a good kid but what you did today, it's going to take a lot to bounce back from that one," and with that El was taken from me again, I just sat there sobbing as I saw the lights fade into the distance.