The Welcome Home

El's Pov:

After another week in the hospital Mike finally gets to go home, Dustin, Lucas, Will, and I have planned a surprise party for him. Mike's leg was still broken, he was going to be on crutches for about another 2 weeks.

I helped his mom pack up his stuff, as he sat in the chair in the corner, smiling at me. I've tried so hard not to spoil the party, I've always been such a bad liar. I looked back over at Mike and he's still there staring at me, luckily Karen and I are almost done so we can leave soon.

Mike got up and started walking over to me, well as best as he can considering he's on crutches, he puts his chin on my head and kisses my hair quickly so his mom doesn't see, just as he lifts his chin from my head Karen says "ok, I've got every thing lets go."

Me and Mike went in the same car and Hopper would meet us there, we pulled into Mike's driveway and I grabbed his crutches, he got out and hobbled over to the door.

When he opened the door and walked in, everyone yelled "WELCOME HOME MIKE!!" He was confused at first then realized what was happening, he smiled down at me and I had the biggest grin on my face.

Dustin, Lucas, Will, Max, Steve, Nancy, Johnathan, Hopper, and Joyce were all there, by no surprise Mike went over to the boys, I watched as he talked to them, Dustin suddenly points at me and Mike walks over, I can see Hopper staring at me out of the corner of his eye.

When Mike finally gets to me he drops his crutches and gives me a huge hug lifting me off the ground, after he puts me to the ground he give me a kiss, not a cutesy little kiss, an actual kiss. When we pull away everyone, I mean everyone is staring at us.

Mike's pov:

When El was packing up my stuff I couldn't help but to look at her, she hadn't changed at all while I was in a coma, but I don't know how to describe it, I missed her while I was in the coma. She notices me staring and so I walk over to her and put my chin on her head, and kiss it softly. I go back to standing normally before my mom sees me, she is fine with mine and El's relationship, but I don't need her to see everything that we do (not like that ya little nasty). I was snapped out of my thoughts when my mom said it's time to go. 

When we get to my house El gets anxious, she's hiding something I know it, but I don't want to pressure her considering how she was treated the first 12 years of her life. We get to the door and she gets more anxious, when I opened the door everyone that I knew was there and screaming welcome home. I scanned the room and saw the boys waving me over, El nodded and I hobbled over. "Hey guys," I said, "hey buddy, how are you?" Lucas asked, "good, you?" I said. "great," I replied, "who set this all up?" I asked, "we all did, but it was El who thought of it," Dustin said pointing at her.

I walked up to her, put my crutches on the ground, and do one of those cliché hug thingy's. When I put her down I knelt down the tiniest bit and smashed my lips into hers. 

When we pull apart everyone is staring at us, then all at once they start clapping and me and El blush deeply, and I bowed (the fault in our stars reference hehe cri) and out of the corner of my eye I could see Hopper glaring at me. Then everything goes black.

I woke up a few hours later with El's worried face, "you fainted," was all she said. She got up to get an ice pack for my head, which now I realized was pounding, she put it on my head and laid down beside me. I kissed her forehead and she snuggled closer to me. "Night El," "Night Mike," and she fell asleep with her head on my chest and her arms around me.