The Runaway

Mike's pov:

I woke up to someone knocking on the door I then heard my mom talking to someone. Still in my morning daze I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to my room, I slowly rise up from my pillow after the footsteps stop, and there I see the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes upon, mirroring my smile. She walks over to me as I start to stand up she wraps her arms around me as tight as possible. "Hey El," "Hi Mike." 

I got dressed in the bathroom while El waited in my room, when I got back El was sitting on the ground playing with Rory. When she realized I was standing there she smiled then looked down as she blushed. "Whatcha doing there?" I said as I grined slightly, "playing with Rory, 'this is my dinosaur Rory, he has a speaker in him so he can roar'." El said mimicking me, she hit the button that makes him roar, and I laughed. "Mikeeee?" "Yes El?" "Lets do something I'm bored." I smirked, took her hand and ran. 

El's pov:

Hopper drove me to Mike's house on his way to work, when I got there I was debating on just walking in the house I mean I practically live there, but I knocked instead because I didn't want to be rude. Mikes mom answered the door Karen likes me, I'm guessing Mike told her about me. "Mike's upstairs in his room." Karen says, it's funny I didn't have to ask, "ok, thanks." I tell her and I walk upstairs, when I get to his room I can tell he just woke up. He has on a very confused face until he realizes it's me.  

He goes to get changed in the bathroom and I start to walk around, I get stopped by an object that looks familiar this is my dinosaur Rory, he has a speaker in him so he can roar. I smiled at myself, I didn't even realize I was on the ground. I started to play with Rory and before I knew it Mike was smiling at me.

Mike and I ran hand in hand to his bike, "where are we going?"  I asked him, "I don't know where ever life takes us." Mike says over the breeze that is now blowing our hair.  We stopped by the quarry, the sun was just setting. I walked to the edge with Mike slowly following behind me, and I sat down with my legs dangling over the edge. Mike sits down beside me and holds my hand, and we sit there quietly.

Mike's pov:

El asked me where we were going, I said I didn't know but I knew, I made sure to take extra long getting there by taking the long way to the quarry. The sun was just about to set, El was so fascinated. She walked over sat down and let her legs dangle. I went up and held her hand, with her still watching the sun, I knew I loved her when I first met her and got to know her, but now I have fallen in even more love with her. It's now or never Mike, "El, I-I have fallen for a girl, she left me but came back, and I just now have fallen even more in love with her, I-I love you El." She turned he face with tears in her eyes, "I-I love you too Mike." She leaned over and kissed me, the sun was just over the horizon and the first few stars were peaking out, we lay down not saying anything because only one word could be said but we've already said it, love.