The Hopefulness

El's pov:

Before I left Mike gave me a goodnight kiss and boy was it going to be a goodnight, I walked up the stairs with the stupidest grin, "hey, kiddo why are you smiling like that?" Hopper asked me "no reason," I said as I walked to the car, we sat there in comfortable silence as he drove away. "Ok what's wrong your normally looking out the window like a 5 year old but now your staring into outer space." Hopper said breaking the silence, "Mike, kinda, sorta, asked me to the snowball, again." I said dragging on my words, "he did WHAT." Hopper said raising his voice at the word 'what,' "you heard me the first time, can I please go? I mean I've been waiting a year for this I should be aloud to go." I said half sassy half cutely, Hopper sat there thinking.

Mike's pov:

I quickly fell asleep after I went up to my room, I woke up at like midnight to the phone ringing, I went downstairs to answer it all groggy "Hello?" "Hi, Mike," I hear a familiar voice say through the phone still not being able to register who it is. After a few seconds I realize who it is "oh hey El, it's midnight why are you awake still?" I asked surprised that she was awake, "I couldn't sleep, Hopper just fell asleep now so I rushed over to the phone."

Me and El talked on the phone until about 3am, she ended up falling asleep mid sentence, her light snores ecoing through the phone, I said goodnight to her even though she couldn't hear me and hung up the phone. I went back to bed and almost as soon as my face hit the pillow, I was asleep.

El's pov:

As soon as Hopper fell asleep I ran over to the phone, I really wanted to just hear his voice, Hopper had said yes for going to the snowball which was relieving but he said that he was going to be in the gym the whole time. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Mike answering the phone.

We talked for about 3 hours I don't really know how long he'd been on the phone for because I'd fallen asleep. I woke up to hopper shaking me, "hey, did you fall asleep talking to Mike?" "Ya I guess." I said sleeply, "if you want I can take you over to Mike's house so you can actually talk to him face to face?" "Ya sure," I said brightening up. I took a quick shower and got dressed in overalls and a flannel like always.